Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Henry Drake, a fighting sutler with the 107th New York Infantry, wrote this letter from camp near Dallas, Georgia on June 1, 1864. In it, he details his unit's march to their current location and recounts their subsequent battles with Confederate soldiers. The letter also describes the death of Drake's fellow soldier and friend Will E. Vanauken, who Drake says he may have loved and thought too much of. Also included is an undated photograph of Drake.
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Correspondence. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 1
- United States. Army -- Pay, allowances, etc. 1
- United States. Army. New York Infantry Regiment, 107th (1862-1865). 1