Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Irwin Shepard Letter to P. P. Claxton
Abstract In this letter to P. P. Claxton, Irwin Shepard (Secretary of the National Education Association) mentions an upcoming meeting in Denver and describes his service at the Battle of Fort Sanders during the Civil War. He tells Claxton that Knoxville, and especially the grounds of the University of Tennessee, hold a sacred place in my memory and recalls serving on the Fort's parapet during the battle, helping to collect the dead and wounded, and participating in a burning party that destroyed...
Dates: 1909 April 5
United States Army Audit of the University of Tennessee
This collection houses a U. S. Army audit of the University of Tennessee's facilities conducted during World War II as well as the audit report and a workpaper.
U.S. Army Air Corps 63rd College Training Detachment Photographs and Negatives
This collection houses negatives and photographs depicting the 63rd College Training Detachment of the Army Air Forces, which operated at the University of Tennessee between 1943 and 1944.
Dates: circa 1943-1944
UT Student Army Training Corps Pamphlet
This collection contains a pamphlet created in 1918 for the vocational section of the University of Tennessee Student Army Training Corps.
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 3
- World War, 1939-1945. 2
- Fort Sanders, Battle of, Knoxville, Tenn., 1863. 1
- Military education -- Tennessee. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. 1
- United States. Army. 1
- United States. Army. Michigan Infantry Regiment, 17th (1862-1865). 1
- United States. Army. Reserve Officers' Training Corps. 1
- United States. Army. Women's Army Corps. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- History. 1 ∧ less