Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
This collection houses a cased ambrotype of a Union soldier (probably A. H. Pierce), a photograph of Grandpa Bailey, A. H. Pierce's diary, a guard duty ticket from Camp McClellan, Iowa, and a three-fold pocket surgery kit.
This collection houses 22 letters written between various members of the Wildermuth family during the Civil War. Brothers John, Henry, and Eli Wildermuth wrote much of this correspondence while serving in the Union Army and discuss such topics as life in the South, the battles they have experienced, their living conditions, and their desire to return home to Wisconsin.
This collection consists of ten letters and five envelopes from Union soldier William Styer to his wife Susannah (Defenbaugh) Styer dating from 1862 November 12 to 1863 September 5. One letter was written in Camp Morton, Indiana; one was written on board the Ohio Belle; and the rest were written from Fort Pickering, Tennessee.
- Memphis (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 2
- Alabama -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Corinth (Miss.) -- History -- Siege, 1862. 1
- Savannah (Ga.) -- History -- Siege, 1864. 1
- Soldiers -- Indiana -- Correspondence. 1
- Soldiers -- Wisconsin -- Correspondence. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Hospitals. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Prisoners and prisons. 1
- United States. Army. Indiana Infantry Regiment, 89th (1862-1865). 1
- United States. Army. Iowa Infantry Regiment, 5th (1861-1864). 1
- United States. Army. Wisconsin Infantry Regiment, 16th (1862-1865). Company G. 1
- United States. Army. Wisconsin Infantry Regiment, 25th (1862-1865). 1 ∧ less