Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Army Engineers World War II Art
The collection contains drawings of World War II Army Engineer structures and soldiers.
Derby Family Papers
This collection consists of a series of letters written between Colonel George McClellan Derby and his mother, Mary (Coons) Derby. At the time, Mary Derby was living in Chattanooga, Tennessee and George Derby was serving with the U. S. Army Corps of Engineers in such places as New Orleans, Louisiana; Smithville, Kentucky; and Louisville, Kentucky. The letters contain family updates and questions about George Derby's life and activities.
William Hunt Scrapbooks and Other Materials
Abstract This collection consists primarily of two scrapbooks documenting William H. Hunt's service in the Army Corps of Engineers between 1942 and 1946. The larger scrapbook contains three professional portraits of Hunt in uniform, snapshots, magazine and newspaper clippings dating from 1945 and 1984, a telegraph that Hunt sent to his parents, a copy of a letter of commendation, and a propaganda leaflet that the Japanese dropped while he as stationed on Leyte. Two photographs of Hunt at a military...
Dates: 1942-2008 (Bulk 1942-1946)
World War II Photographs in Prince Rupert
This collection contains 216 photographs from World War II, many of the which are from a U.S. Army Corps of Engineers station at Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canada.
Dates: 1942-1944, undated
- Subject: United States. Army. Corps of Engineers. X
- Art. 1
- Chattanooga (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Drawing. 1
- Engineering drawings. 1
- Lithograph. 1
- Louisville (Ky.) -- History. 1
- Military engineers. 1
- Mississippi River. 1
- New Orleans (La.) -- History. 1
- Painting. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Canada. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Engineering and construction. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 1
- World War, 1939-1945. 1 ∧ less