Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
This letter was written by an unidentified Civil War soldier to his parents in September of 1863. In it, he describes Union troop movements around Chattanooga and the hardships of crossing the river and marching. The letter may have been written by Private Andrew G. Wickham and was approved by Milton Weaver, whose papers may be found in MS.2128.
- Subject: United States. Army. Ohio Infantry Regiment, 74th (1861-1865). X
- Chattanooga, Battle of, Chattanooga, Tenn., 1863. 1
- Nashville (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Ohio -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 1
- Ohio -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental histories. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1