Showing Collections: 1 - 14 of 14
This collection contains statistics on minority faculty, staff, and students, plans for desegregation, records of the statewide Desegregation Monitoring Committee, and information relating to the stipulations of Geier fulfillment documenting the enhancement of diversity at the University of Tennessee.
This collection is composed primarily of memorabilia documenting Bet Fryer's time at the University of Tennessee, including newspaper clippings, programs, brochures, certificates, trophies, and a cap.
This collection houses an orientation handbook for black students issued by the Black Students' Union in 1969. It includes an introduction to the Black Students’ Union, statements from the organization's President, information about academics and social life, and photos of People to Know, including admissions counselors, faculty, and athletes.
This collection contains materials documenting the Commission for Blacks at the University of Tennessee, an advisory group to the Chancellor designed to address issues affecting black faculty, staff, and students on campus. Materials include statements of goals, meeting agendas, correspondence, reports of complaints over racial issues, and other documents.
This collection houses meeting minutes, reports, papers, notes, and records of awards documenting the activities of the University of Tennessee's Commission for Women from 1970 to 2002. The bulk of the material dates from the 1980s.
This collection houses annual reports, papers, and other materials documenting the Dean of Women at the University of Tennessee.
The collection consists of personal papers, correspondence, pencil drawings and oversized newspapers created or collected by Mildred McPherson and her family between the years 1899 to 1988.
This collection houses information documenting minority student affairs on the University of Tennessee campus, including statistics on black enrollment, handbooks, information on black studies programs, newsletters, and other materials.
A library catalog for the Philomathian Society at Cumberland University in Tennessee. The catalog includes a list of books in the society's library from May 20, 1844. There is also a chronological account of books borrowed between 1845 and 1848 from the library. This list includes surname of borrower, book number (which corresponds to the book list), date borrowed and returned.
This collection houses a variety of materials documenting student activities and organizations at the University of Tennessee between 1838 and 1991.
Richard L. White wrote the bulk of the letters in this collection to his father, Thomas White, while he was studying at East Tennessee University in 1846. Also included are a letter that White wrote to his father from California in 1852 and a letter that Joseph Estabrook enclosed with R. L. White's school report.
This collection contains material documenting the formation and activities of the University’s Task Force on Blacks, which was created to monitor the condition of and provide policy recommendations for black students, faculty, and staff. The collection contains a wide variety of material, including summaries of interviews with various administrators, reports from colleges and departments, student responses to questionnaires, and other materials.
This collection houses two scrapbooks produced by the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Each contains a summation of the University's history from 1794 to 1897 on the inside cover and official University photographs of the main buildings on campus. The first scrapbook was never used but the second belonged to University of Tennessee student Harriette Locke Arnell and documents her time at the University from September 1919 to June 1920.
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 13
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 9
- Women college students -- Tennessee. 6
- African American college students -- Tennessee. 5
- College students -- Tennessee. 3
- African American teachers. 2
- African Americans -- Education. 2
- Education, Higher -- Social aspects. 2
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee. 2
- Race relations -- Tennessee. 2
- Affirmative action programs -- Tennessee. 1
- Affirmative action programs in education -- Tennessee. 1
- College student newspapers and periodicals. 1
- Correspondence. 1
- Discrimination in higher education -- United States. 1
- Franklin County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Greek letter societies -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 1
- High schools -- Tennessee. 1
- Lebanon (Tenn.) 1
- Letters. 1
- Minority college students -- Tennessee. 1
- Segregation in higher education -- United States. 1
- State universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 1
- Student activities -- Tennessee. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Social aspects. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Societies, etc. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Alumni and alumnae. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Students. 1
- Women -- Education -- United States. 1 ∧ less