Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Bet Fryer Collection of University Memorabilia
This collection is composed primarily of memorabilia documenting Bet Fryer's time at the University of Tennessee, including newspaper clippings, programs, brochures, certificates, trophies, and a cap.
Black Students’ Union Orientation Handbook
This collection houses an orientation handbook for black students issued by the Black Students' Union in 1969. It includes an introduction to the Black Students’ Union, statements from the organization's President, information about academics and social life, and photos of People to Know, including admissions counselors, faculty, and athletes.
Commission for Blacks Collection
This collection contains materials documenting the Commission for Blacks at the University of Tennessee, an advisory group to the Chancellor designed to address issues affecting black faculty, staff, and students on campus. Materials include statements of goals, meeting agendas, correspondence, reports of complaints over racial issues, and other documents.
Commission for Women Records
This collection houses meeting minutes, reports, papers, notes, and records of awards documenting the activities of the University of Tennessee's Commission for Women from 1970 to 2002. The bulk of the material dates from the 1980s.
Dean of Women Collection
This collection houses annual reports, papers, and other materials documenting the Dean of Women at the University of Tennessee.
Mildred McPherson Papers
The collection consists of personal papers, correspondence, pencil drawings and oversized newspapers created or collected by Mildred McPherson and her family between the years 1899 to 1988.
Minority Student Affairs Collection
This collection houses information documenting minority student affairs on the University of Tennessee campus, including statistics on black enrollment, handbooks, information on black studies programs, newsletters, and other materials.
Records and Memorabilia regarding Student Organizations and Activities
This collection houses a variety of materials documenting student activities and organizations at the University of Tennessee between 1838 and 1991.
Task Force for Blacks Collection
This collection contains material documenting the formation and activities of the University’s Task Force on Blacks, which was created to monitor the condition of and provide policy recommendations for black students, faculty, and staff. The collection contains a wide variety of material, including summaries of interviews with various administrators, reports from colleges and departments, student responses to questionnaires, and other materials.
University of Tennessee Scrapbooks
This collection houses two scrapbooks produced by the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Each contains a summation of the University's history from 1794 to 1897 on the inside cover and official University photographs of the main buildings on campus. The first scrapbook was never used but the second belonged to University of Tennessee student Harriette Locke Arnell and documents her time at the University from September 1919 to June 1920.
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 9
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 9
- Women college students -- Tennessee. 5
- African American college students -- Tennessee. 4
- African American teachers. 2
- African Americans -- Education. 2
- Education, Higher -- Social aspects. 2
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee. 2
- Race relations -- Tennessee. 2
- Affirmative action programs -- Tennessee. 1
- College student newspapers and periodicals. 1
- College students -- Tennessee. 1
- Correspondence. 1
- Greek letter societies -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 1
- High schools -- Tennessee. 1
- Letters. 1
- Minority college students -- Tennessee. 1
- State universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 1
- Student activities -- Tennessee. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Alumni and alumnae. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Students. 1 ∧ less