Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
An act to change the name of East Tennessee University
This act, formally approved on March 11, 1879, changed the name of East Tennessee University to The University of Tennessee.
Bursar and Registrar Business Records
This collection houses approximately 16,500 bills, orders, receipts, and contracts documenting the University of Tennessee between 1893 and 1912. Among the subjects represented are the University Boarding Club (1897-1900), Knoxville College (1897-1898), and the Library (1893-1910). Also included are contracts made between the University and various fraternities for boarding in the fraternity houses.
Business Manager Records
This collection consists primarily of contracts made between the University of Tennessee and such organizations as the V. L. Nicholson Construction Company, the U.S. Government, and the Tennessee Valley Authority. These documents are arranged alphabetically by company. Also included are bonds and leases (arranged alphabetically by company) and campus building specifications (arranged alphabetically by building).
History Department Records
This collection contains records from the University of Tennessee's Department of History, dating 1966-1979.
Horace Maynard Inquiry
Horace Maynard submitted this inquiry about a number of university governance issues to the University of Tennessee's Board of Trustees in 1882. The Board wrote its replies directly on the document.
Lists of Theses Received
These five volumes list the theses and dissertations received by the Library between 1944 and 1966.
Milton Klein Collection
This collection houses syllabi and course materials, administrative files, scholarly papers, and correspondence documenting Dr. Milton M. Klein's teaching and research into colonial and Revolutionary America.
University of Tennessee Annual Reports
This collection houses a variety of annual reports created by the University of Tennessee's College of Agriculture, School of Architecture, College of Business Administration, College of Education, College of Engineering, College of Home Economics, School of Journalism, College of Law, and College of Liberal Arts. The vast majority of the materials date from between 1967 and 1969.
University of Tennessee Scrapbooks
This collection contains University of Tennessee scrapbooks, dated 1890-1979.
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Administration. 3
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty. 2
- Greek letter societies -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 1
- New York (State) -- History -- 1775-1865. 1
- United States -- History -- Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775 -- Sources. 1
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783. 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- To 1775. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Evaluation. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee -- Finance. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Faculty. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Funds and scholarships. 1 ∧ less