Showing Collections: 21 - 40 of 79
Faculty Senate Records
This collection houses memoranda, reports, minutes, agendas, reports, membership information, resolutions, by-laws, and other materials documenting the University of Tennessee's Faculty Senate activities dating from 1936 to the present.
Florence MacLeod Scrapbook
This embossed scrapbook, filled with heartfelt letters from colleagues and former students, was assembled by Edith Jones and Geri Piper to celebrate Florence MacLeod's retirement from the University of Tennessee on September 1, 1962. In addition to 58 letters, it includes items from her retirement party and other mementos from that year.
The Freshman Caps Collection includes two University of Tennessee freshman caps from the year of 1947.
Guinness World Record: Largest Human Letter - Power T Collection
This collection contains materials collected from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville's world record event that took place on March 29, 2017 in Neyland Stadium. The Guinness World Record for the Largest Human Letter consisted of 4,223 people wearing orange and forming a large letter T that spanned 190 feet by 190 feet.
History Department Records
The History Department Records contains records from the University of Tennessee's Department of History, dating between 1934-1980. The collection covers when the history department was part of the Department of History and Political Science, when it split into a single department in 1941, and became formally established as the Department of History in 1946.
History Department Records
This collection contains records from the University of Tennessee's Department of History, dating 1966-1979.
History Department Records
This collection houses records documenting the University of Tennessee's Department of History from 1938 to 1987.
The historic Hopecote house, built in 1924, was renovated by The University of Tennessee in 1976 as an honorable guest home. Hopecote was added to the National Registry of Historic Places in 2012. This collection includes scrapbooks, a guest book, pamphlets, photographs, newspaper clippings, and letters.
Horace Maynard Inquiry
Horace Maynard submitted this inquiry about a number of university governance issues to the University of Tennessee's Board of Trustees in 1882. The Board wrote its replies directly on the document.
J. Wade Gilley Papers
The J. Wade Gilley collections contains the papers from his time as the president of the University of Tennessee from 1999-2001. It contains reading files, newspaper clippings, memos and correspondence related to his inauguration, time as president adnd resignation. as well as administrative papers and correspondence from during his presidency, and newspaper clippings and an audio tape interview related to his resignation.
John L. Neely Letter and Receipt
John Sheridan Collection
The John Sheridan Collection consists of University of Tennessee bicentennial and other university development and personal media belonging to former UT Medical Center administrator John Sheridan.
Joseph Estabrook Letter
Joseph Estabrook wrote this letter to his cousin, Colonel John Wood, on December 25, 1835 from Knoxville, Tennessee. In it, he describes his wife’s continuously declining health and inquires, at length, about many members of his extended family. He also discusses his position as president of East Tennessee College, writing fondly of the college on the hill and comparing it to Amherst and Yale.
Judy Flanagan Papers
This collection houses files that Judy Flanagan created during her tenure as Director of Special Occasions at the University of Tennessee (1990-1999).
Lists of Theses Received
These five volumes list the theses and dissertations received by the Library between 1944 and 1966.
Lou Daughtry Scrapbooks
This collection houses photocopies of two scrapbooks that Lou Daughtry compiled during her time at the University of Tennessee (1950-1952). Among the items included are clippings, programs, photographs, invitations, ticket stubs, and calendars.
Lucile and Warren Kennerly Papers
These materials document Warren and Lucile Kennerly's involvement with the University of Tennessee and Blount Mansion respectively.
Luke Ebersole Papers
This collection houses materials that Luke Ebersole collected and created while working as the University of Tennessee's Associate Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs (1970-1972), Vice Chancellor for Planning and Administration (1972-1984), and Emeritus Vice Chancellor and Emeritus Professor (1984-).
Marion Greenwood Sketches
Milton Klein Collection
This collection houses syllabi and course materials, administrative files, scholarly papers, and correspondence documenting Dr. Milton M. Klein's teaching and research into colonial and Revolutionary America.
- Subject: University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- History. X
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Administration. 18
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 9
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Faculty. 8
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 5
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Alumni and alumnae. 4
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Buildings. 4
- College presidents -- Tennessee. 3
- College students -- Tennessee. 3
- Universities and colleges -- Evaluation. 3
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Pictorial works. 3
- Bolivia -- History -- 1938-1982. 2
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee -- History. 2
- Greek letter societies -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 2
- History -- Study and teaching. 2
- Panama -- History -- 1946-1981. 2
- Student activities -- Tennessee. 2
- Tennessee -- History. 2
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty. 2
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Funds and scholarships. 2
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Students. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 2
- Academic libraries -- Administration. 1
- Academic libraries -- Tennessee. 1
- Aeronautics -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- United States. 1
- Agricultural education -- Tennessee. 1
- Agriculture -- Tennessee. 1
- Alma maters (Songs). 1
- Bar associations -- Tennessee. 1
- College student government. 1
- College student newspapers and periodicals. 1
- Commencement ceremonies -- United States. 1
- Computer science -- Study and teaching. 1
- Dairy products industry -- United States. 1
- Dairying -- Study and teaching. 1
- Education -- Tennessee -- History. 1
- Education, Higher -- Administration. 1
- Education, Higher -- United States. 1
- Engineering -- Study and teaching (Higher) 1
- Engineering -- Vocational guidance. 1
- Engineers -- Tennessee. 1
- Evolution (Biology) -- Study and teaching -- Law and legislation. 1
- Exhibitions -- Awards. 1
- Exhibitions -- Tennessee. 1
- Fraternal organizations. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Buildings, structures, etc. 1
- Lady Volunteers (Basketball team). 1
- Military cadets -- Tennessee. 1
- Military education -- Tennessee. 1
- New York (State) -- History -- 1775-1865. 1
- Portrait photography -- Tennessee. 1
- Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877) -- Tennessee. 1
- Student movements -- Tennessee. 1
- Students' songs -- Tennessee. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- 19th century. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- 1951-. 1
- Tennessee Volunteers (Football team) -- History. 1
- Tennessee Volunteers (Football team). 1
- Tennessee, East -- History. 1
- Tennessee, East -- Social life and customs. 1
- Theater -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 1
- Trials (Murder) -- Tennessee. 1
- Trials (Rape) -- Tennessee. 1
- United States -- History -- Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775 -- Sources. 1
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783. 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- To 1775. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. 1
- United States. Army. Women's Army Corps. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Societies, etc. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee -- Finance. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Periodicals. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Research. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Songs and music. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Summer School of the South 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975. 1
- Women college students -- Tennessee. 1
- World War, 1914-1918. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Casualties -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Monuments -- Tennessee. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Tennessee. 1
- World War, 1939-1945. 1
- World records. 1
- World's Fair of 1982 (Knoxville, Tenn.) 1 ∧ less