Showing Collections: 61 - 80 of 86
This collection houses materials documenting the murder of University of Tennessee graduate Sam Y. Parker by Judge James E. Fulton of Helenwood, Tennessee in 1906. Newspaper clippings and correspondence between the trial lawyers document the entire saga in detail. Other material includes research into the history of the Newman and Parker families, a Civil War diary, photographs, a family Bible, mementos, and personal items.
This collection houses entries submitted to the contest to pick the University of Tennessee's Alma Mater, including Mary Fleming Meek's winning On a Hallowed Hill. Some have been copyrighted with the rights transferred to the Student Activities Council.
These materials document Stanley J. Folmsbee's work with the History Department (including teaching schedules, enrollment statistics, and meeting minutes), the College of Liberal Arts, the Graduate Council, and the University Senate.
The first section of this collection houses the excuses that students submitted to explain their absence from either class or chapel. Some claimed the standard excuse of illness, while others were considerably more creative. The second section houses correspondence documenting the Maude Powell Student Aid Fund and the Student Aid Committee.
This collection houses student records, correspondence, course materials, schedules, and blank forms documenting the Students' Army Training Corps (SATC) at the University of Tennessee between 1918 and 1919. With the exception of the materials regarding the War Issues course in Folder 10, the schedules and curricula in Folder 12, and the blank forms in Folder 13, all of these records are restricted in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
This collection contains items related to the Summer School of the South, run by the University of Tennessee from 1902 to 1918. The collection is divided into five series: Summer School of the South Materials; Correspondence; Business and Administrative Materials; Lecturer and Entertainer Materials; and Oversize Materials.
This collection houses general correspondence from the Tennessee Higher Education Commission to the University of Tennessee dating from 1976 to July of 1984.
In this manuscript, Boyd Childress describes the University of Tennessee's Library in the Civil War and Reconstruction eras.
The Thompson-Boling arena construction photograph collection houses the photographs that were taken during the planning, construction, and finalization of Thompson-Boling Arena. The Thompson-boling Arena, home to the University of Tennessee's men's and women's basketball teams and the Lady Volunteer volleyball team, was first put in use during the 1987-88 sports season after its construction.
This collection houses the reports of the University of Tennessee's Treasurer dating from 1905 to 1928 with the exception of July 1, 1920 to June 30, 1924.
This collection houses files created by faculty intern Trudy Banta while coordinating the University of Tennessee's interests in and responses to the 1982 World's Fair. Banta was appointed and supervised by Chancellor Jack Reese.
This collection includes a University of Tennessee Commencement Week Invitation from 1892. This invitation includes a schedule of events for the week and a list of Academic Department members. This invitation is still loosely bound with its original cover and blue tassel.
This collection houses a variety of annual reports created by the University of Tennessee's College of Agriculture, School of Architecture, College of Business Administration, College of Education, College of Engineering, College of Home Economics, School of Journalism, College of Law, and College of Liberal Arts. The vast majority of the materials date from between 1967 and 1969.
This collection contains miscellaneous ephemera connected with the University of Tennessee. Dates of these ephemera range from late 19th century to the mid 20th century. Most of the ephemera is not related to each other, but are all related to the University of Tennessee.
This collection includes drafts of a document entitled A Report on Certain Problems Connected with the University Memorial Research Center and Hospital and a draft of Andrew D. Holt's statement to the Hospital Committee of the Board of Trustees regarding this report.
This collection houses papers documenting research into weights and measures at the University of Tennessee.
This collection contains University of Tennessee scrapbooks, dated 1926-1951.
This collection contains University of Tennessee scrapbooks, dated 1890-1979.
This collection contains various event programs from the Unversity of Tennessee. Programs include the Tenth Annual Agricultural Club Banquet, the 1923 and 1925 graduation booklet (seeming to belong to Margaret Susan Taylor), a program for a flautist recital, an itinerary for an annual circus, a programme for three ballet performances, a football schedule, and a Recreation Handbook for Group Leaders from 1944.
- Subject: University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- History. X
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Administration. 23
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 12
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Faculty. 9
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 5
- College students -- Tennessee. 4
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Alumni and alumnae. 4
- College presidents -- Tennessee. 3
- Universities and colleges -- Evaluation. 3
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Buildings. 3
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Pictorial works. 3
- Bolivia -- History -- 1938-1982. 2
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee -- History. 2
- Greek letter societies -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 2
- History -- Study and teaching. 2
- Military education -- Tennessee. 2
- Panama -- History -- 1946-1981. 2
- Student activities -- Tennessee. 2
- Tennessee -- History. 2
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty. 2
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Funds and scholarships. 2
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Research. 2
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Students. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 2
- Academic libraries -- Administration. 1
- Academic libraries -- Tennessee. 1
- Aeronautics -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- United States. 1
- Agricultural education -- Tennessee. 1
- Agriculture -- Tennessee. 1
- Alma maters (Songs). 1
- Bar associations -- Tennessee. 1
- Botany -- Study and teaching. 1
- College student government. 1
- College student newspapers and periodicals. 1
- Commencement ceremonies -- United States. 1
- Dairy products industry -- United States. 1
- Dairying -- Study and teaching. 1
- Education -- Tennessee -- History. 1
- Education, Higher -- Administration. 1
- Education, Higher -- United States. 1
- Engineering -- Study and teaching (Higher) 1
- Engineering -- Vocational guidance. 1
- Engineers -- Tennessee. 1
- Evolution (Biology) -- Study and teaching -- Law and legislation. 1
- Exhibitions -- Awards. 1
- Exhibitions -- Tennessee. 1
- Fraternal organizations. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Buildings, structures, etc. 1
- Lady Volunteers (Basketball team). 1
- Military cadets -- Tennessee. 1
- New York (State) -- History -- 1775-1865. 1
- Portrait photography -- Tennessee. 1
- Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877) -- Tennessee. 1
- Student movements -- Tennessee. 1
- Students' songs -- Tennessee. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- 19th century. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- 1951-. 1
- Tennessee Volunteers (Football team) -- History. 1
- Tennessee Volunteers (Football team). 1
- Tennessee, East -- History. 1
- Tennessee, East -- Social life and customs. 1
- Theater -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 1
- Trials (Murder) -- Tennessee. 1
- Trials (Rape) -- Tennessee. 1
- United States -- History -- Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775 -- Sources. 1
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783. 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- To 1775. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. 1
- United States. Army. Women's Army Corps. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Societies, etc. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee -- Finance. 1
- University of Tennessee (Knoxville campus) -- Buildings. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Periodicals. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Songs and music. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Summer School of the South 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975. 1
- Women college students -- Tennessee. 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- United States. 1
- World War, 1914-1918. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Casualties -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Monuments -- Tennessee. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Tennessee. 1
- World War, 1939-1945. 1
- World records. 1
- World's Fair of 1982 (Knoxville, Tenn.) 1 ∧ less