Showing Collections: 21 - 40 of 46
"Human Relations in Industry"
Published in 1955 as The Sociology of Industrial Relations: An Introduction to Industrial Sociology, "Human Relations in Industry: An Introduction to Industrial Sociology" was the 1953 draft version of the book by John Ballenger Knox of the University of Tennessee in Knoxville. The book explores systematic theory in a sociological approach as it relates to worker-management relations in modern industries.
J. Douglas Bruce Letters to Professor Albert C. Baugh
This collection consists of three letters written from the years 1917-1918 by University of Tennessee professor of English, Dr. J. Douglas Bruce. All three letters are directed to Dr. Albert C. Baugh, a renowned English professor at the University of Pennsylvania. In the letters, Dr. Bruce discusses his work as well as Dr. Baugh's work in the field of English Literature.
James Park Letter to Brown Ayres
This May 19, 1911, letter from James Park to Brown Ayres is a reply to a request by Mr. Ayres for Mr. Park to be present and to give the prayer at the Professor Copper S. Schmitt memorial service at the chapel on May 29.
John C. Hodges Collection
The John C. Hodges Collection contains manuscripts, notes, proofs, correspondence, photocopies, and other materials documenting several of Hodges' books.
L. R. Hesler Collection
This collection consists of photographs, newspaper clippings, typed accounts, and memorabilia from Hesler family during the years 1888-1970.
Lawrence Wodehouse Illustrations for White of McKim, Mead and White
The Illustrations for White of McKim, Mead, and White collection spans the years 1764 to 1976 with the bulk of the material from 1890 to 1906. The collection consists of photographs and illustrations collected by former University of Tennessee Architecture professor Lawrence Wodehouse for his 1988 publication, White of McKim, Mead, and White.
Lee Seifert Greene Collection
Luke Ebersole Papers
This collection houses materials that Luke Ebersole collected and created while working as the University of Tennessee's Associate Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs (1970-1972), Vice Chancellor for Planning and Administration (1972-1984), and Emeritus Vice Chancellor and Emeritus Professor (1984-).
Marguerite Bartlett Hamer Manuscripts
This is a collection of manuscripts and writings from Marguerite Bartlett Hamer dating from 1933 to 1935.
Marie Dougherty Wellborn Biography of Nathan W. Dougherty
A single typescript biography of University of Tennessee Engineering Dean and athlete Nathan W. Dougherty written by his eldest daughter, Marie Dougherty Wellborn. The text provides an extensive and intimate look at Dougherty's life as a student, athlete, professor, coach, dean, and father.
Milton Klein Collection
This collection houses syllabi and course materials, administrative files, scholarly papers, and correspondence documenting Dr. Milton M. Klein's teaching and research into colonial and Revolutionary America.
N. W. Dougherty Papers
This collection houses personal papers, memorabilia, academic materials, organizational records, and athletic records documenting the life and work of N. W. Dougherty, U.T. Professor of Civil Engineering.
Office of Public Relations Collection of Faculty and Staff Biographical Information
These records document a number of the faculty and staff who worked at the University of Tennessee between 1968 and 1980.
Philip M. Hamer's "Tennessee, a History"
Two volumes of a bound typed manuscript for Philip M. Hamer's "Tennessee, a History."
Reinhold Nordsieck Research Collection
This collection includes drawings, notes, wood blocks, plans, and other materials relating to Dr. Reinhold Nordsieck's research into the staging of the Passion Play at Bozen in 1514. Also included in the collection: German and American newspapers; a leaf from a Persian manuscript, possibly from the late 16th century; and three folia from a monastic antiphonal, probably created in the 15th century.
Richard David Present Collection
This collection contains the manuscript of Richard David Present's book, Kinetic Theory of Gases, reprints of journal articles by Present and other physicists, and class notes from Physics classes taught by Present at the University of Tennessee.
Richard O. Currey Letters
This collection consists of six letters concerning a faculty position at East Tennessee University. In the first letter Dr. Richard Currey submits his letter of intent to Joseph Estabrook. The other letters concern recommendations on behalf of Richard Currey.
Robert Drake Essays on Flannery O'Connor
This collection consists of several early and published versions of Robert Drake essays on author Flannery O'Connor.
Stanley J. Folmsbee Papers
These materials document Stanley J. Folmsbee's work with the History Department (including teaching schedules, enrollment statistics, and meeting minutes), the College of Liberal Arts, the Graduate Council, and the University Senate.
The Development of Royal Taxation in England and France in the Twelfth Century
This collection consists of a master's thesis for the University of Minnesota entitled The Development of Royal Taxation in England and France in the Twelfth Century by Harold Swenson Fink.
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- History. 8
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Administration. 4
- American literature -- 20th century. 3
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Research. 3
- Architecture. 2
- Authors, American -- 20th century. 2
- Botanists -- Tennessee. 2
- Botany -- Research. 2
- Botany -- Study and teaching. 2
- Letters. 2
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 2
- American literature -- History and criticism. 1
- American poetry. 1
- Anglo-Saxons in literature. 1
- Architecture -- Study and teaching. 1
- Authors, American -- Southern States. 1
- Authors, American -- Tennessee. 1
- Autobiography. 1
- Chemistry -- Study and teaching. 1
- College sports -- Southern States -- History. 1
- Color photography. 1
- Composers -- United States. 1
- Computer science -- Study and teaching. 1
- Correspondence. 1
- East Tennessee University 1
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee. 1
- Engineering -- Study and teaching (Higher) 1
- Engineering -- Vocational guidance. 1
- Engineers -- Tennessee. 1
- English teachers -- United States. 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Tennessee. 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- United States. 1
- Governors -- Tennessee. 1
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.). 1
- History -- Study and teaching. 1
- Illumination of books and manuscripts -- Facsimiles. 1
- Kinesiology. 1
- Kinetic theory of gases. 1
- Literature and history -- United States. 1
- Liturgical texts. 1
- Love poetry, American. 1
- Middle Ages -- Drama. 1
- Middle Ages -- Study and teaching. 1
- New York (State) -- History -- 1775-1865. 1
- O'Connor, Flannery -- Criticism and interpretation. 1
- Photographs. 1
- Physical education and training. 1
- Postcards -- Tennessee. 1
- Radiation -- Research. 1
- Sheet music. 1
- Tennessee -- Genealogy. 1
- Tennessee -- History. 1
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- 20th century. 1
- Tennessee Valley Authority -- History. 1
- United States -- History -- Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775 -- Sources. 1
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783. 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- 20th century. 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- To 1775. 1
- United States -- Politics and government. 1
- United States. Navy. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Evaluation. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Public relations -- United States. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Alumni and alumnae. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Periodicals. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Sports. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Department of Agriculture 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Department of Physics. 1
- Women authors, American -- Tennessee. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Saipan. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 1
- World's Fair of 1982 (Knoxville, Tenn.) 1 ∧ less