Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Center for the Study of War and Society Administrative Files
Abstract This collection contains administrative files documenting the early years of the University of Tennessee's Center for the Study of War and Society. These materials include documents showing the Center's establishment, proposals for symposiums, and correspondence between Charles Johnson and the Tennessee State Museum regarding possible partnerships. Also included are monthly reports from the University’s Office of the Treasurer listing Center expenditures and Johnson’s 1987 outline to the...
Harold S. Fink Collection
This collection contains material regarding the military career of Harold S. Fink, a Lieutenant in the U.S. Naval Reserve who served during World War II.
Dates: 1930-1981, undated
Lindsey Nelson Speech to the East Tennessee Historical Society
This collection is a typed transcript of a speech given by Lindsey Nelson to the East Tennessee Historical Society. Nelson recounts his experiences leading up to and serving during World War II.
Dates: 1986 February 04
UT General Alumni Association Collection
This collection contains items gathered by or sent to the UT General Alumni Association during and after World War II regarding University of Tennessee alumni participation in the war. Material includes photographs, newspaper clippings, newsletters, correspondence and more documenting several individuals.
Dates: 1943-1950, 1984
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Alumni and alumnae. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 2
- United States. Navy. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Faculty. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Saipan. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, Female. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 1
- World War, 1939-1945. 1 ∧ less