Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
This collection houses publications, drafts, official papers, correspondence, photographs, newspaper clippings, and other materials documenting Andrew Holt's military service, tenure as President of the National Education Association, and term as President of the University of Tennessee. Issues Holt dealt with at U.T. include academic freedom, athletics, integration, U.T. Martin, student life, and finances.
This collection contains a two volume set of papers on the Burchfiel family compiled in 2000, in conjunction with the dedication of the William W. Burchfiel, Sr. Geography Building on the University of Tennessee campus (Knoxville).
This collection houses a variety of artifacts and memorabilia showing East Tennessee and the University of Tennessee, including uniform buttons, commemorative coins, U.T. souvenirs, flags, and other materials.
Two volumes of a bound typed manuscript for Philip M. Hamer's "Tennessee, a History."
This collection houses materials documenting the murder of University of Tennessee graduate Sam Y. Parker by Judge James E. Fulton of Helenwood, Tennessee in 1906. Newspaper clippings and correspondence between the trial lawyers document the entire saga in detail. Other material includes research into the history of the Newman and Parker families, a Civil War diary, photographs, a family Bible, mementos, and personal items.
This collection houses general correspondence from the Tennessee Higher Education Commission to the University of Tennessee dating from 1976 to July of 1984.
In this manuscript, Boyd Childress describes the University of Tennessee's Library in the Civil War and Reconstruction eras.
These four microfilm reels house copies of W. G. McAdoo's diaries dating from 1846 to 1894.
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- History. 7
- Tennessee -- History. 4
- College presidents -- Tennessee. 2
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee -- History. 2
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 2
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Administration. 2
- Education -- Tennessee -- History. 1
- Education, Higher -- Administration. 1
- Fort Sanders, Battle of, Knoxville, Tenn., 1863. 1
- Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877) -- Tennessee. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- 19th century. 1
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- 1951-. 1
- Trials (Murder) -- Tennessee. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States. Army. Michigan Infantry Regiment, 17th (1862-1865). 1
- University of Tennessee (Knoxville campus) -- Buildings. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Faculty. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 1 ∧ less