Showing Collections: 161 - 180 of 490
This collection houses programs of study, including Public Health, School Health, and Safety, offered by the Health and Safety Department between 1974 and 1976.
This collection consists of an essay by Harold S. Fink entitled Henry II and his Plans for a Crusade.
This collection houses a space summary and report for the Hesler Biology Building renovation project. It describes the architectural features and services of each department, classroom, and office as well as total occupancy for each room and the equipment provided.
This collection contains a Christmas Hill-O-Gram sent out to the University of Tennessee's staff and faculty. It bears the signatures of many of the University's employees, including president James D. Hoskins, John C. Hodges, Charles Ferris, L. R. Hesler, Nathan W. Dougherty, Ralph Dunford, and Charles Perkins.
The History Department Records contains records from the University of Tennessee's Department of History, dating between 1934-1980. The collection covers when the history department was part of the Department of History and Political Science, when it split into a single department in 1941, and became formally established as the Department of History in 1946.
This collection contains records from the University of Tennessee's Department of History, dating 1966-1979.
These reprints, collected by Dr. J. Wesley Hoffmann of the UT History Department, document important scholarship in the fields of History, Classics, English, and Education. Among the major authors represented are John L. Snell, Leo Loubire, and Robert D. Warth. The reprints are arranged alphabetically by author and then by title.
This collection houses two copies of an advertisement for the Annual University of Tennessee Holiday Craft Show, which was scheduled for November 28-29, 2006 in the University Center Ballroom.
This collection contains the Home Economics Club scrapbook for the year 1958-1959. It contains various newspaper clippings, photographs, and letters documenting club events and activities throughout the year, as well as members' community and university involvement.
This collection is a manuscript written by Marilyn Kallet entitled "Honest Simplicity in William Carlos Williams' "Asphodel, That Greeny Flower"". In it, Kallet provides a study of the effect of turmoil on William Carlos Williams' output and theorizing. For Kallet, "Asphodel, That Greeny Flower" is a poem that reaches into the depths of Williams' creative spirit.
The historic Hopecote house, built in 1924, was renovated by The University of Tennessee in 1976 as an honorable guest home. Hopecote was added to the National Registry of Historic Places in 2012. This collection includes scrapbooks, a guest book, pamphlets, photographs, newspaper clippings, and letters.
This collection houses photographs, legal documents, correspondence, blueprints, and other materials documenting the history and donation of Hopecote to the University of Tennessee. The images include exterior and interior views, the Hopecote Advisory Committee, donors, antiques, floor plans, and brochures. The legal documents include renovation plans, appraisal information and forms, and donor information.
Horace Maynard submitted this inquiry about a number of university governance issues to the University of Tennessee's Board of Trustees in 1882. The Board wrote its replies directly on the document.
These materials document the dedication of the Howard H. Baker Jr. Center for Public Policy's building on October 31, 2008. Among the items included are the dedication program, a commemorative paperweight given to invited guests, a Baker Center brochure, a Baker Center museum guide, a Knoxville News Sentinel insert discussing the opening, and two copies of the February 2009 News from the Howard Baker Center.
Published in 1955 as The Sociology of Industrial Relations: An Introduction to Industrial Sociology, "Human Relations in Industry: An Introduction to Industrial Sociology" was the 1953 draft version of the book by John Ballenger Knox of the University of Tennessee in Knoxville. The book explores systematic theory in a sociological approach as it relates to worker-management relations in modern industries.
This collection houses a three-volume report documenting the state of the University of Tennessee's Interdisciplinary Programs in 1995.
This brochure lists the events that the Issues Committee planned to host during the fall of 1997, including a nuclear physicist lecturing on UFO’s, an animal rights panel discussion, a lecture on ethnic and religious conflict in Latin America, and a lecture on leadership by New York Governor George Pataki. The brochure also provides a list of the Committee's officers and members.
This collection consists of three letters written from the years 1917-1918 by University of Tennessee professor of English, Dr. J. Douglas Bruce. All three letters are directed to Dr. Albert C. Baugh, a renowned English professor at the University of Pennsylvania. In the letters, Dr. Bruce discusses his work as well as Dr. Baugh's work in the field of English Literature.
- Subject: University of Tennessee, Knoxville. X
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 306
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 235
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- History. 86
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee. 63
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Faculty. 44
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Administration. 32
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Alumni and alumnae. 21
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 18
- Tennessee Volunteers (Football team). 16
- Greek letter societies -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 11
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Students. 11
- Education, Higher -- Administration. 9
- Student activities -- Tennessee. 8
- Universities and colleges -- Social aspects. 8
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Buildings. 8
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Pictorial works. 8
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Sports. 8
- College presidents -- Tennessee. 7
- College students -- Tennessee. 7
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Faculty 7
- Commencement ceremonies -- United States. 6
- History -- Study and teaching. 6
- Military education -- Tennessee. 6
- Teachers -- Training of -- Tennessee. 6
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Research. 6
- Women college students -- Tennessee. 6
- College publicity. 5
- College teachers -- Tennessee. 5
- Universities and colleges -- Societies, etc. 5
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Funds and scholarships. 5
- World War, 1939-1945. 5
- African American college students -- Tennessee. 4
- College student newspapers and periodicals. 4
- Postcards -- Tennessee. 4
- Tennessee -- History. 4
- Universities and colleges -- Evaluation. 4
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty. 4
- Universities and colleges -- Honors courses. 4
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Periodicals. 4
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Students -- Periodicals. 4
- Women -- Societies and clubs. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 4
- American literature -- 20th century. 3
- Authors, American -- 20th century. 3
- Botany -- Study and teaching. 3
- College student government. 3
- College theater -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 3
- Fraternal organizations. 3
- Lady Volunteers (Basketball team). 3
- Letters. 3
- Military cadets -- Tennessee. 3
- Students' songs -- Tennessee. 3
- Tennessee Volunteers (Football team) -- History. 3
- Tennessee, East -- History. 3
- Universities and colleges -- Public relations. 3
- University of Tennessee (Knoxville campus) -- Buildings. 3
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Songs and music. 3
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Summer School of the South 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 3
- Academic libraries -- Tennessee. 2
- Aeronautics -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- United States. 2
- African American teachers. 2
- African Americans -- Education. 2
- Alma maters (Songs). 2
- Architecture. 2
- Autobiography. 2
- Bolivia -- History -- 1938-1982. 2
- Botanists -- Tennessee. 2
- Botany -- Research. 2
- Chemistry -- Study and teaching. 2
- College administrators -- Tennessee. 2
- College buildings -- Tennessee. 2
- College radio stations. 2
- College sports -- Southern States -- History. 2
- Correspondence. 2
- Counseling -- Study and teaching. 2
- Dairying -- Study and teaching. 2
- Debates and debating -- Tennessee. 2
- East Tennessee University 2
- Education, Higher -- Social aspects. 2
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee -- History. 2
- Engineering -- Vocational guidance. 2
- Exhibitions -- Tennessee. 2
- Information science -- Study and teaching. 2
- Journalism -- Study and teaching. 2
- Motion picture producers and directors -- United States. 2
- Panama -- History -- 1946-1981. 2
- Photographs. 2
- Professional development. 2
- Race relations -- Tennessee. 2
- State universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 2
- Student movements -- Tennessee. 2
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 2
- Tennessee Valley Authority -- History. 2
- Tennessee Volunteers (Basketball team). 2
- Theater -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 2
- Universities and colleges -- Alumni and alumnae. 2
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee -- Finance. 2
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Centennial celebrations, etc. 2 ∧ less
- Staub, Peter, 1827-1904 1