Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
This collection includes V-mail correspondence sent by Charles Warr during 1944 from France and Germany. In these four notes to his future wife Virginia Campbell, Warr comments on conditions and the status of the war.
This collection consists of correspondence, maps, photographs, yearbooks, newspaper clippings, official records, and many other types of memorabilia. It documents Joseph E. Martin’s military service in World War II as well as his education, ROTC service, and career as a math professor. It also includes veterans’ activities, World War II comics, and such personal effects as wedding invitations and church bulletins from the 1940’s.
These papers document the military training and career of William G. Keen, an Army Air Force lieutenant who served in Europe during and after World War II. The collection includes several years of correspondence, training documents, professional photos, issues of many different magazines and newspapers from his various posts, as well as an assortment of memorabilia saved from service and travel.
- Subject: V-mail. X
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 2
- Anzio Beachhead, 1944. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953. 1
- Photographs -- 20th century. 1
- United States. Air Force -- Handbooks, manuals, etc. 1
- United States. Air Force. 1
- United States. Army. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 1 ∧ less