Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 33
This collection includes five issues of The Excrowderlite News, a publication for service members who were stationed at Camp Crowder, Missouri during World War II. These issues date from 1983 to 1985. The newsletters include member updates and addresses as well as photographs and recollections written by members about their time at Camp Crowder.
This collection contains documents pertaining to Andrew E. McGill, Private First Class in the U.S. Army during World War II until being officially and honorably discharged in 1945.
This collection includes one photocopy of Arthur B. Cox Jr.’s autobiography, “Escape through Enemy Territory.” The story details Cox’s service with the U. S. Army Air Corps during World War II in the European Theater, including his experience of being shot down over France, spending time with a French family before escaping to Spain, and spending a month in a Spanish prison before being rescued.
These papers document Cecil Staley’s service with the U.S. Army Air Forces during World War II in the Pacific Theatre of Operations. Included are Staley’s typed accounts of his missions in Japan from December 1944 to July 1945.
This collection includes V-mail correspondence sent by Charles Warr during 1944 from France and Germany. In these four notes to his future wife Virginia Campbell, Warr comments on conditions and the status of the war.
This collection consists of a newspaper article from a 1984 edition of Inside TVA regarding the military service and awards of Clifford Hambick, a soldier in the U.S. Army during World War II.
In this interview with Kurt Piehler and Seth Womack of the Center for the Study of War and Society, Clinton E. Riddle discusses his childhood on an East Tennessee farm and his service during World War II, including his training, flying gliders, ground combat, and leave in Paris. The conversation took place on March 19, 2002.
This collection contains correspondence between Dannie Arthur Carr and his high school girlfriend, Mary Elizabeth "Libby" Fox Smith, during his time deployed in the Vietnam War from 1968-1969.
This collection includes photographs, maps, papers, newspapers, documents, booklets, and other publications kept by Brig. General Dwight L. McReynolds during his service in World War II (European Theater) and shortly after.
This collection contains copies of photographs, copies of newspaper articles, and documents related to World War II veteran Fred V. Brown’s experience in the Pacific Theater of war.
This collection gives a glimpse into the life of the Freytag family, a miltary family from Wartburg, TN. The collection includes correspondence, press clippings, photographs, and certificates regarding the Freytag children, Albert Jr., Fred, and Maxwell. Albert Jr. was enlisted in the U.S. Marines, Fred was enlisted in the U.S. Navy, and Maxwell was enlisted in the U.S. Army. All materials are photocopies, donated by the family matriarch, Ethel H. Freytag.
This collection includes a transcript of an interview with George Lawson, World War II veteran, and the subsequent news article written about his service.
This collection consists of correspondence, photographs, press clippings, recollections, and ephemera collected by Evelyn Hogins concerning World War II. It also includes material concerning Evelyn's mother, Annie Hogins, and Evelyn's brothers: Clifford, Lawrence "Buster", and Marshall Hogins. The brothers all served in the U.S. military. A significant portion of the collection is comprised of photocopies.
This collection consists of a folder that contains letters and a transcription of the diary belonging to Howard O. Lane, bomber in the U.S. Air Force during World War II.
These papers include photocopies of correspondence, news articles, and newsletters documenting Hugh Talley’s service with the U.S. Army, particularly during World War II.
This collection includes photographs from Hyman Levison’s service during World War I, primarily while in France. The photographs largely depict scenes from Levison’s time in northern France, including camp and trench life, destruction of towns and buildings, and artillery. Also included is a typed family history of the Levisons.
This collection includes the manuscripts, self-published book, and memoirs written by World War II Fighter Pilot J. Fred Baumann.
A collection of photocopies of photographs documenting James C. Havron’s military service in Alaska during World War II. Places documented include Dutch Harbor and Attu Island.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 31
- United States. Army. 23
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 8
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 8
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 7
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 7
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Europe. 6
- United States. Army. Air Corps. 5
- United States. Army Air Forces. 4
- United States. Navy. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 3
- United States. Army -- Medals, badges, decorations, etc. 2
- Veterans -- Tennessee. 2
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Veterans -- United States. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Aerial operations, American. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Africa, North. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Casualties -- United States. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Regimental histories -- United States. 2
- Camp Crowder (Mo.) 1
- Morgan County (Tenn.) 1
- Soil surveys -- Japan. 1
- United States. Air Force. 1
- United States. Army -- Airborne troops. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Air Force, 9th. 1
- United States. Army. Corps of Engineers. 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Division, 30th -- History. 1
- United States. Marine Corps. 1
- V-mail. 1
- Veterans -- United States. 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Participation, American. 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Veterans. 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975. 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Campaigns -- France. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Germany. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Japan. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Periodicals. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Press coverage. 1 ∧ less