Showing Collections: 1 - 16 of 16
This collection includes five issues of The Excrowderlite News, a publication for service members who were stationed at Camp Crowder, Missouri during World War II. These issues date from 1983 to 1985. The newsletters include member updates and addresses as well as photographs and recollections written by members about their time at Camp Crowder.
This collection contains documents pertaining to Andrew E. McGill, Private First Class in the U.S. Army during World War II until being officially and honorably discharged in 1945.
This collection consists of a newspaper article from a 1984 edition of Inside TVA regarding the military service and awards of Clifford Hambick, a soldier in the U.S. Army during World War II.
This collection contains correspondence between Dannie Arthur Carr and his high school girlfriend, Mary Elizabeth "Libby" Fox Smith, during his time deployed in the Vietnam War from 1968-1969.
This collection features various military documents, photographs, and books from David F. Ross, a Lieutenant in the 5th Air Force deployed in the Pacific Theater during World War II.
This collection consists of a photocopy of Donald B. Heffron's handwritten, personal account of his World War II experiences as a Marine Raider. The manuscript begins with his last few years in high school and ends circa 1946. Also available is a press clipping from The Knoxville News-Sentinel, part of an advertising supplement in the September 6, 1998, issue on Townsend, TN.
This collection includes photographs, maps, papers, newspapers, documents, booklets, and other publications kept by Brig. General Dwight L. McReynolds during his service in World War II (European Theater) and shortly after.
This collection gives a glimpse into the life of the Freytag family, a miltary family from Wartburg, TN. The collection includes correspondence, press clippings, photographs, and certificates regarding the Freytag children, Albert Jr., Fred, and Maxwell. Albert Jr. was enlisted in the U.S. Marines, Fred was enlisted in the U.S. Navy, and Maxwell was enlisted in the U.S. Army. All materials are photocopies, donated by the family matriarch, Ethel H. Freytag.
This collection includes a transcript of an interview with George Lawson, World War II veteran, and the subsequent news article written about his service.
This collection consists of correspondence, photographs, press clippings, recollections, and ephemera collected by Evelyn Hogins concerning World War II. It also includes material concerning Evelyn's mother, Annie Hogins, and Evelyn's brothers: Clifford, Lawrence "Buster", and Marshall Hogins. The brothers all served in the U.S. military. A significant portion of the collection is comprised of photocopies.
This collection includes photographs from Hyman Levison’s service during World War I, primarily while in France. The photographs largely depict scenes from Levison’s time in northern France, including camp and trench life, destruction of towns and buildings, and artillery. Also included is a typed family history of the Levisons.
This collection is a typed transcript of a speech given by Lindsey Nelson to the East Tennessee Historical Society. Nelson recounts his experiences leading up to and serving during World War II.
This collection contains documents concerning the McGill family from Knoxville, TN. Four of the McGill children, addressed in this collection, served in the U.S. military during World War II.
This collection includes photographs, U.S. Naval Forces and Eleventh Amphibious Force documents, newspaper excerpts about Robert G. Osborne and his fellow men, and a brief personal narrative from Osborne about his experience in World War II.
This collection features a copy of Love, War, and Hate written by Washington M. Davis about his World War II experience.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 13
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 13
- United States. Army. 9
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 5
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 4
- United States. Marine Corps. 3
- United States. Navy. 3
- Veterans -- Tennessee. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 3
- World War, 1939-1945. 3
- United States. Air Force. 2
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Veterans -- United States. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Europe. 2
- Camp Crowder (Mo.) 1
- Morgan County (Tenn.) 1
- United States. Army -- Medals, badges, decorations, etc. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. 1
- United States. Army. Air Corps. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Alumni and alumnae. 1
- Veterans -- United States. 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Participation, American. 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Veterans. 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975. 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Campaigns -- France. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Africa, North. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, African American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Philippines. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Photography. 1 ∧ less