Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 26
This collection features papers, correspondence, and photographs from reunions of the 74th General Hospital.
This collection includes various letters written to and by Al Bravin, a Mess Sergeant in the 3rd Division of the 47th Infantry, during World War II as well as news clippings featuring articles about his division's service.
This collection consists of correspondence written by Alice Boehret during her service with the Army Nurse Corps during World War II. Boehret wrote almost daily letters between 1942 and 1946 to her family, mainly her sisters and mother, and document her time in the European Theater of War, particularly with the 74th General Hospital.
This collection features two letters written from Carmichael Bohnson to his aunt Alice - one during his enrollment in the United States Army Air Force at Vanderbilt University and the other from his time spent in the Military Intelligence Service in Washington, D.C.
This collection contains various correspondence, permits, and newspaper clippings documenting Clifford Davis' service during and after World War II.
This collection documents the World War II service of Major Cortland A. Bassett. The collection includes correspondence, military documents, photographs, publications, newspaper clippings, and more that document his time with th 10th Armored Division in training and in the European Theater of War.
This collection features various military documents, photographs, and books from David F. Ross, a Lieutenant in the 5th Air Force deployed in the Pacific Theater during World War II.
This collection features correspondence between Sy Hyman and Dennis Coughlin as well as a collection of diary entries made by Hyman in 1946 from his World War II service.
This collection consists of 41 correspondences and commentaries by Edward G. Harris to his mother, grandmother, and grant aunt during his service in the United States Army Air Force during World War II.
This collection features two V-Mails written to Gena S. Sharp's daughters during World War II. One is from a doctor stationed in Europe and the other from a nurse in North Africa.
Included is the correspondence from Robert H. Foster to his grandparents (Mr. and Mrs. G.L. Hill), mother (Ida Louise Hill ), sister (Dorothy Hill), and aunt (Mrs. Hollis Nunley) during his time served in WWII. Also included is a letter from Jean Brasfield to Mrs. Hill.
This collection features three letters and a newspaper clipping regarding James Harold Fox's service during World War II as a member of the Bombing-Fighting Squadron 89 and the Fleet Tactical Support Squadron 21.
This collection includes several letters written to World War II soldier Jerome Kaufman, who served with the U.S. Navy, from his family and wife, as well as military documents from his service.
Collection includes 3 issues of a newsletter, Cobbie's Chatter, put together by World War II soldier Marion Cobb to provide updates to friends and family. Also included are two photocopied newspaper clippings.
This collection includes several letters penned by Omar L. Ash, mainly to his mother and Lela Ann, during his World War II service. Other letters included are addressed from Ash's commanders.
This collection contains a variety of documents and mementos collected primarily during Paul G. Simpson's three years in the Army Air Force. It includes personal letters, military documents, tourist mementos, newspaper clippings, and publications about both military and civilian life. The scrapbook pages include photographs, realia, and documents, all accompanied by extensive commentary written by his wife, Edna.
This collection features various documents and special orders, letters, and newspaper articles describing Richard Eckert's service as an Engineer in Oak Ridge, Tennessee during World War II.
This collection features correspondence and photographs from Robert Gentry's service in the US Armed Forces during World War II.
Robert Hooper served during World War II in the European theater. This collection contains much of his correspondence - mainly addressed to his family - featuring his time in the service and describing some of his troop's movements.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 23
- United States. Army. 9
- World War, 1939-1945. 6
- United States. Navy. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 4
- Correspondence. 3
- United States. Army Air Forces. 3
- United States. Army. Air Corps. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Europe. 3
- United States. Air Force. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Hospitals. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, Female. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Philippines. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Photography. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women -- United States. 2
- Oak Ridge (Tenn.) 1
- Scrapbooks. 1
- United States. Army Nurse Corps. 1
- United States. Army. Armored Division, 10th. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- France. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Ocean. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Casualties -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Engineering and construction. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Periodicals. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Tennessee. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women. 1 ∧ less