Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
This collection includes Gordon Beem's personnel records, other military documents, correspondence, and newspaper clippings as well as photographs and film negatives documenting his time with the U. S. Air Force during the Korean and Cold Wars.
This collection houses a transcript of an interview that G. Kurt Piehler and Kathryn Meunier conducted with James R. Henderson on March 29, 2002 as part of the Veterans Oral History Project of the Center for the Study of War and Society. In it, Henderson discusses his childhood in New York City, his time in the Army during the Korean War, his postwar career as a New York City police officer, and his later life in Sevier County, Tennessee.
This collection consists of correspondence, maps, photographs, yearbooks, newspaper clippings, official records, and many other types of memorabilia. It documents Joseph E. Martin’s military service in World War II as well as his education, ROTC service, and career as a math professor. It also includes veterans’ activities, World War II comics, and such personal effects as wedding invitations and church bulletins from the 1940’s.
This collection houses the transcript of Stanley Duhan's oral history. In this interview, Duhan recollects aspects of his life, including time in the Navy and Air Force Reserves during World War II and the Korean War and his time working on the Titan and Atlas Missile projects.
This folder contains the transcript of an interview with W. Lewis Wood, dated 3 August 2002, conducted in Memphis, Tenn., by Kurt Piehler and Nashwa Van Houts of the Veteran's Oral History Project. Wood discusses his childhood in Memphis, his experiences as an engineering student at the University of Tennessee, and his time serving in the US Navy and Army during World War II and the Korean War, respectively.
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Personal narratives, American. 2
- Korean War, 1950-1953. 2
- Veterans -- United States. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 2
- Anzio Beachhead, 1944. 1
- Cold War. 1
- Guided missiles -- Design and construction. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Participation, American. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Photography. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Veterans. 1
- New York (N.Y.). Police Dept. 1
- Nuclear facilities -- United States. 1
- Sevier County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- United States. Air Force. 1
- United States. Navy -- History. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 1
- V-mail. 1
- Veterans -- United States -- Interviews. 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945. 1 ∧ less