Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Charles Bray Collection
This collection features photographs, news articles, book excerpts, and other papers from Charles Bray's military service during World War II and his time living in Vietnam while working with the Central Intelligence Agency.
Dannie Arthur Carr Correspondence
This collection contains correspondence between Dannie Arthur Carr and his high school girlfriend, Mary Elizabeth "Libby" Fox Smith, during his time deployed in the Vietnam War from 1968-1969.
Ed Shore Oral History
G. Kurt Piehler and Shelley Stafford conducted this interview with Vietnam veteran Ed Shore in Louisville, Tennessee on April 17, 2009. In it, Shore discusses his service with the Marine Corps in Vietnam as well as his impoverished childhood in eastern Tennessee and his experiences as a student at the University of Tennessee.
Floyd M. Byers Oral History
In this interview (conducted as part of the Center for the Study of War and Society's Veteran's Oral History Project), Floyd M. Byers discusses his childhood in Tracy City, Tennessee, his experiences as an Army officer in post World War II Germany, his service as a helicopter pilot in the Vietnam War, and his postwar life working as an office manager and Vice-President for passenger traffic at Tennessee Airways.
Fred Hart Oral History
The Fred Hart Oral History, 2001, is a typescript from an oral history interview with Fred Hart by Dr. Kurt Piehler and Mark Boulton of the University of Tennessee for the Veteran's Oral History Project conducted by the Center for the Study of War and Society.
John B. Sorenson Audiotapes
Samuel A. Shipman Oral History
This collection contains an 81-page interview, conducted by the Center for the Study of War and Society for the Vetran's Oral History Project, which covers the life of Samuel Shipman from his youth, to serving in Vietnam, to his thoughts on the TVA.
Stanley Duhan Oral History
This collection houses the transcript of Stanley Duhan's oral history. In this interview, Duhan recollects aspects of his life, including time in the Navy and Air Force Reserves during World War II and the Korean War and his time working on the Titan and Atlas Missile projects.
UT Student Rally T-Shirts Collection
Wilson-Wade Family Papers
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Participation, American. 4
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Personal narratives, American. 4
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Veterans. 4
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975. 4
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Aerial operations, American. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 2
- Germany -- History -- 1945-1955. 1
- Guided missiles -- Design and construction. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953. 1
- Nuclear facilities -- United States. 1
- Student movements -- Tennessee. 1
- Tracy City (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- United States -- Armed Forces -- History -- World War, 1939-1945. 1
- United States. Army. 1
- United States. Marine Corps. Marines, 27th. Battalion, 1st. 1
- United States. Marine Corps. Regiment, 5th. 1
- United States. Navy -- History. 1
- United States. Navy. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- History. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 1
- Veterans -- Tennessee. 1
- Veterans -- United States. 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Mekong River Delta (Vietnam and Cambodia). 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Military intelligence -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Japan. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Photography. 1
- World War, 1939-1945. 1 ∧ less