Showing Collections: 1 - 19 of 19
The David Campbell Deposition, dated August 8, 1798, contains the summary of an August 11, 1790, case heard by Campbell as a judge of the Superior Court for the Washington District of the State of Tennessee.
This collection contains correspondence written by members of the Divine Family to Paul E. Divine while he lived in Washington, D.C. Correspondents include his father, Dr. John Washington Divine, and his sister, Nellie Divine. The correspondence dates between 1892 and 1897.
This collection houses correspondence, day books, photographs, legal and financial materials, newspaper articles, genealogical materials, and other items documenting the Divine family of Tazewell and Johnson City, Tennessee. Over half of the items pertain to Major Paul E. Divine; the remainder were created by Lulu Belle (Milburn) Divine, W. E. F. Divine, Florence Ella (Williams) Milburn, Blaine Milburn, and Milburn Sis Divine.
This collection consists of a single document detailing the debt that Humphrey Scroggins, Bartley Scroggins, and Russell Bean owed John Samms in Washington County, Tennessee, in 1791.
This collection includes four documents detailing land indentures in Washington County, Tennessee. The first, dated February 13, 1824, was between Jacob Robinson and Richard Daniel. The second, dated April 5, 1824, was between Jacob Robinson and George Kineheloc. The third, dated March 5, 1841, was a survey for Samuel Robinson. The fourth, dated December 25, 1848, was between Samuel Robinson, executor of Jacob Robinson, and F. F. B. Robinson.
This collection houses the ledger book of Johnson City merchant James A. Boyd documenting his trade between 1883 and 1885. The book is organized alphabetically by customer's last name and records such information as the date of the transaction, the amount the customer was charged, and the item(s) the customer purchased.
In a bill of sale dated April 16, 1791, John Shaw, on behalf of Stuart J. Barn, notes the sale of tobacco for the account of James Aiken on April 29, 1790. In addition to the amount earned for the sale, the bill also lists other charges, such as freight, storage, and weighing.
This collection contains journals, ledgers, daybooks, and other papers documenting John C. Douglass and the Douglass Shed Post office between 1885 and 1893.
This collection contains a single document written by David Campbell on August 15, 1794. The document is a court summons for John Collinsworth, a Washington County, Tennessee resident, to receive judgment for the money he owed fellow Washington County resident John King.
This collection houses land deeds, correspondence, indentures, other legal documents, and photographs documenting four generations of the Mitchell family in Washington County, Tennessee.
This receipt documents Rev. James King's payment of $40.76 in taxes to Washington County, Tenn., for 1847.
This document is an indictment from the Circuit Court of Washington County, Tennessee, accusing Moses L. Workman, Andrew M. Workman, Landon C. Hale, John L. Baskett, and William Ladlock of disturbing public worship and riot.
This collection houses four bonds issued in what is now Washington County, Tennessee. The first bond, issued by the short-lived State of Franklin, ensures that William Moore will appear to answer charges that John Waddle has brought against him regarding a debt of fifty pounds. The remaining bonds free four enslaved persons belonging to William Nodding and five enslaved persons belonging to William Calvert.
This survey was done by Matthew Stephenson for James Gray. It reports on an oddly shaped lot of 118 acres near Brownsboro, Tennessee on the Nolichucky River. The plot is on the road from Brownsboro to Leesburg and borders William Mitchell's corner and Adam Gann's line.
This collection includes a writ to the Sheriff of Washington County, Tennessee signed by John Sevier and dated November 4, 1793.
- Subject: Washington County (Tenn.) X
- Washington County (Tenn.) -- History. 16
- Washington County (Tenn.) 3
- Washington County (Tenn.) -- Genealogy. 3
- Claiborne County (Tenn.) -- Genealogy. 2
- Claiborne County (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Court records -- Tennessee. 2
- Apprentices -- Tennessee. 1
- Civil procedure -- Tennessee. 1
- County courts -- Tennessee. 1
- Courts -- Tennessee -- History. 1
- Criminal procedure -- Tennessee. 1
- Debt. 1
- Debts, Public -- United States -- History. 1
- Johnson City (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Jonesborough (Tenn.) 1
- Jonesborough (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Land tenure -- North Carolina. 1
- Land tenure -- Tennessee -- Washington County. 1
- Land tenure -- Tennessee. 1
- Legal documents -- Tennessee. 1
- Post office stations and branches -- Tennessee. 1
- Retail trade -- Accounting. 1
- Slavery -- Tennessee -- Washington County. 1
- Slaves -- Emancipation -- United States. 1
- Spanish-American War, 1898. 1
- Surveying -- Tennessee -- History. 1
- Surveyors -- Tennessee. 1
- Taxation -- Tennessee -- Washington County. 1
- Tennessee -- Commerce. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- 19th century. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Anecdotes. 1
- Tennessee -- History. 1
- Tinsmiths -- Tennessee. 1
- Washington County (N.C.) -- History. 1 ∧ less