Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 21
Alice Bass Luttrell Memoir
This collection consists of a Xerox copy of Alice Bass Luttrell’s memoir. The memoir traces the family history from the immigration of Joseph Phillips from Wales in the mid-18th century to Luttrell's personal child remembrances. In addition to the manuscript, also available are photocopied selections of music.
Anna Chavannes Journal
Anna Chavannes begins her account of her emigration from Switzerland to Wartburg, Tennessee with her family's departure from Havre on May 3, 1848. She goes on to describe their boat trip with the Gouffon, Guyaz, and Sterchi families, their landing in New York and transfer to the Southerner, and their overland trip through Chattanooga to Wartburg, Tennessee. This item is a transcription of the original and was translated from the French by Emma S. Robinson in 1930.
Bettie Rhea Testimonial
Testimonial awarded to Bettie Rhea for exceptional performance in English grammar class. The book contains poems and greetings from teachers, family, and friends.
East Tennessee Female Institute Journal of Trustees
This journal outlines the proceedings of the trustees of the Knoxville Female Academy (later the East Tennessee Female Institute) from 1827 to 1907.
Eleanora Willauer Diary
This collection consists of the Confederate diary of Eleanora Willauer, of Dickson County, Tennessee, written between October 1, 1862 and November 9, 1869.
Elizabeth Baker Crozier Journal
First Presbyterian Church (Nashville, Tenn.) Women's Guild Minutes
This collection contains the minutes taken from Nashville's First Presbyterian Church's Woman's Guild from 1901-1922.
Julia Francis Hammond Spring Diary
This diary was kept by Julia Frances Hammond Spring and covers a period from 1852-1878. Much in the diary is of a religious nature, regarding the Methodist Church, mentions of preachers, and sermons. Also in the collection is another handwritten book that appears to be her daughter's first school exercise book.
Kate Hill Turner Letters
This collection consists of letters spanning from 1840-1848 related to Kate Hill Turner. Several are love letters from Charlie to Katie. Charlie writes from Amherst College in Maine. Also in the collection is a letter of recommendation for James W. Hill from Asa Clark.
Lucinda Cowan Album
A single album belonging to Lucinda Cowan which contains notes and sketches from Cowan's friends.
Margaret Barton Crozier Ramsey Diary
Martha Johnson Patterson Photograph
This is an undated black and white photograph of Martha Johnson Patterson, daughter of President Andrew Johnson.
Mrs. G. F. Lewis Coverlet Patterns
This collection consists of eleven coverlet patterns, including Whig Rose, World's Wonders, Nothing Delight, Sixteen Snowballs, Mountain Cucumber, and Nine Chariot Wheels.
National Organization for Women, Memphis Chapter, Newsletters
This collection houses two newsletters from the National Organization for Women's Memphis Chapter discussing NOW's fight for women's rights in Tennessee.
Nina Cunningham Diary
Nina Cunningham of Maryville, Tennessee kept this diary between 1886 and 1899. In it, she describes her time as a student at Maryville College in addition to family and social events.
Phrenological Character of Amelia W. Bryan
This manuscript is a nine-page handwritten description of Amelia Bryan's personality based on the theories of phrenology. It includes no illustrations or charts depicting her head but makes numerous predictions about her future behaviors and tendencies.
Ruth Cates Baird Papers
The Ruth Cates Baird papers consist of the personal and professional materials and papers that Baird collected over her lifetime. Most of the collection is made up of of scrapbooks from her vacations and greeting cards from her friends and students. One scrapbook contains poetry that she collected from newspaper clippings. The collection also houses her school records and yearbooks from primary school through college.
Soule College for Young Ladies List of Graduates
This collection consists of a list of graduates of Soule Female College in Murfreesboro, Tenn. Graduates from the classes of 1853-1855 are listed.
Tennessee Woman's Press and Authors' Club Minutes
This collection consists of the minutes taken from the Tennessee Woman's Press and Authors' Club meetings from 1913-1921.
Virginia Claire Moss Diaries
This collection houses five diaries written by Virginia Claire Moss in Union City, Tennessee, documenting her time in Junior High and High School (1937-1943). The diaries mainly convey her feelings for different boys and describe her daily activities with friends.
- Subject: Women -- Tennessee. X
- Women -- Tennessee. 7
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Women. 3
- Women -- Tennessee -- Diaries. 3
- Women -- Tennessee -- History. 3
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal Narratives, Confederate. 2
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 2
- Women -- Tennessee -- Education. 2
- Women -- Tennessee -- Knoxville -- Diaries. 2
- Women in Christianity -- Tennessee. 2
- Autobiography. 1
- Blount County (Tenn.) -- Biography. 1
- Blount County (Tenn.) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century. 1
- Christian Women -- Biography. 1
- Coverlets -- Tennessee. 1
- Davidson County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Dickson County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Gardening 1
- Georgia -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Handicraft -- Tennessee. 1
- Home demonstration work -- United States -- History. 1
- Home economics extension workers -- United States. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History -- Siege, 1863. 1
- Loudon (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Maryville (Tenn.) -- Social conditions -- 19th century. 1
- Oak Ridge (Tenn.) 1
- Phrenology. 1
- Swiss -- Tennessee. 1
- Teachers -- Tennessee. 1
- Tennessee -- Emigration and immigration. 1
- Tennessee -- Religion. 1
- Tennessee, East. 1
- Union City (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Diaries. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 1
- Women -- Education -- Tennessee. 1
- Women -- Societies and clubs. 1
- Women -- Tennessee -- Biography. 1
- Women -- Tennessee -- Blount County -- Diaries. 1
- Women -- Tennessee -- Correspondence. 1
- Women -- Tennessee -- History -- 20th century. 1
- Women -- Tennessee -- Maryville -- Diaries. 1
- Women teachers -- Tennessee. 1
- Women's rights -- Tennessee. 1 ∧ less