Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
This collection consists of the personal papers of Ada Campbell Larew and includes manuscripts, historical essays, poems, plays, and short stories authored by Larew. Also available are personal correspondence, press clippings, and memorabilia.
This collection consists of four Advocate and Family Guardian dating from 1864. They include articles, poetry, and stories with a focus on Christian teachings as well as a series describing East Tennessee and how it was being affected by the Civil War.
This collection houses original letters, poems, photographs, and drawings documenting Nettie Alma (Blevins) Buttram, formerly of Oneida, Tennessee and the subject of Barbara Cueter's historical fiction memoir entitled Sand Against the Wind. Additionally, this collection contains the notes and drafts that Cueter created while writing and editing the book.
This collection contains correspondence, manuscripts, articles, newsclippings, pamphlets, and books concerning author Laura Thornburgh and her book, The Great Smoky Mountains.
- Cherokee Indians -- Tennessee -- History. 2
- Women authors, American. 2
- Appalachian Region, Southern -- Women. 1
- Appalachian Region. 1
- Blount Mansion (Knoxville, Tenn.) 1
- Cumberland Gap (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Fort Sanders, Battle of, Knoxville, Tenn., 1863. 1
- Fraternal organizations. 1
- Great Depression. 1
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.). 1
- Historical fiction, American. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Tennessee -- History. 1
- Tennessee, East -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Women authors, American -- 20th century. 1
- Women authors, American -- Southern States. 1
- Women authors, American -- Tennessee. 1 ∧ less