Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Clifton B. Cates Military Service Collection
This collection consists photographs and press clippings of Clifton B. Cates. He served in both World War I and II in the United States Marine Corps. Cates was the 19th Commandant of the United States Marine Corps from 1948-1951.
Ernest Ely Papers
The collection consists of the memoirs, correspondence, photographs, press clippings, and military documents concerning the naval career and death of Ernest Ely.
Lucille Williams Papers
This collection consists of a July 25, 1862 letter from a paroled Civil War solider, military postcards from World War I, and a photograph and clippings from World War II.
McGill Family Papers
This collection contains documents concerning the McGill family from Knoxville, TN. Four of the McGill children, addressed in this collection, served in the U.S. military during World War II.
World War I and World War II Posters
This collection consists of twenty-two posters and one panoramic photograph from World War I. The collection also houses five posters from World War II depicting Norman Rockwell's Four Freedoms.
- World War, 1914-1918 -- United States. 2
- World War, 1914-1918. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 2
- Military pay 1
- Obituaries -- Tennessee. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. 1
- United States. Army. 1
- United States. Marine Corps. 1
- United States. Navy. 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Veterans -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Philippines. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Propaganda. 1
- World War, 1939-1945. 1 ∧ less