Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 20
This February 2, 1918, letter from C. M. Figley at Camp Sevier in Greenville, South Carolina, discusses the daily activities of a young man at a training camp during World War I.
This collection consists of a letter from Clyde M. Figley to his family sent on May 5, 1918 from Camp Sevier. He discusses life in training camp and his belief that he will not be sent overseas.
This framed photograph shows the Company B Training Detachment from the University of Tennessee in formation on the grounds of Chilhowee Park in Knoxville, Tennessee. A note in the lower right hand corner reads Thompson Photo 4 Knoxville.
This collection contains World War I correspondence of Corporal Alfred Pickard, 159th Aero Squadron, American Expeditionary Force, to Mother and all. It is dated December 11, 1918. Letter includes details about Cpl. Fitzgerald's R&R in the French resort town of Aix Les Blain from December 11-19, 1918.
This collection consists of three letters written from Newburn, Tennessee, between December 4, 1917 and March 28, 1918 by Edgar Johnson of Company E of the 306th Ammunition Train (81st Division). The letters are addressed to Johnson's wife, Etta, and daughter, Lila, and discuss camp life, life at home, and the possibility of returning home for a visit.
The collection consists of the memoirs, correspondence, photographs, press clippings, and military documents concerning the naval career and death of Ernest Ely.
This collection consists of letters written to Eugene M. Wilson while he served in World War I, Wilson's field book, and a clipping of Wilson and Maude Pritchard's marriage announcement.
This collection consists of the typed diary of Everett R. Cook in which he discusses his service as a pilot in the Officers' Signal Reserve Corps and with the 91st Aero Squadron on the Western Front during World War I. He begins by describing his trip overseas and goes on to chronicle his unit's movements, camp life, and some of his flights. The diary ends when Cook is discharged and begins his trip home.
This collection houses correspondence, orders, and ephemera documenting John Cripple's service with Company D of the 61st Infantry during World War I.
This collection consists of the diary, dated 1917-1919, of a young woman from Nashville, Tenn. In her diary, which begins on the day that war was declared on Germany in 1917, she details her experience in the publishing business and her thoughts on the war.
This collection consists of a memo from the Navy Department asking citizens to donate binoculars, telescopes and spy-glasses for the war effort, a part of the "Eyes for the Navy" campaign. Also included is a check made out to Eleanor F. Buffat and a signed letter from Franklin Delano Roosevelt, then the Assistant Secretary of the Navy, thanking her for her war-time contribution.
This collection houses student records, correspondence, course materials, schedules, and blank forms documenting the Students' Army Training Corps (SATC) at the University of Tennessee between 1918 and 1919. With the exception of the materials regarding the War Issues course in Folder 10, the schedules and curricula in Folder 12, and the blank forms in Folder 13, all of these records are restricted in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
This diary, written by Thomas I. Fitzgerald during World War I, documents his journey from the United States to France, his experiences on the Western Front, and his return to Tennessee.
This collection houses directories, correspondence, notices, regulations, certificates, reports, newspaper clippings, press releases, bulletins, and data books documenting the workings of the U. S. Food Administration.
This collection consists of twenty-two posters and one panoramic photograph from World War I. The collection also houses five posters from World War II depicting Norman Rockwell's Four Freedoms.
- World War, 1914-1918 -- United States. 19
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Personal narratives, American. 3
- Camp Sevier (S.C.) 2
- Gibson County (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Military education -- Tennessee. 2
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Campaigns -- France. 2
- Education, Secondary -- Tennessee. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Military pay 1
- Nashville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Obituaries -- Tennessee. 1
- Soldiers -- Kentucky -- Correspondence. 1
- Soldiers -- Tennessee -- Correspondence. 1
- Theater -- Study and teaching (Secondary). 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1901-1953. 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- 19th century. 1
- United States. Army -- Ordnance and ordnance stores -- History. 1
- United States. Navy. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- History. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 1
- Women publishers 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Aerial operations, American. 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Social aspects -- United States. 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- United States -- Personal narratives. 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Women. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Philippines. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Propaganda. 1 ∧ less