Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Freytag Family Papers
This collection gives a glimpse into the life of the Freytag family, a miltary family from Wartburg, TN. The collection includes correspondence, press clippings, photographs, and certificates regarding the Freytag children, Albert Jr., Fred, and Maxwell. Albert Jr. was enlisted in the U.S. Marines, Fred was enlisted in the U.S. Navy, and Maxwell was enlisted in the U.S. Army. All materials are photocopies, donated by the family matriarch, Ethel H. Freytag.
Hogins Family Collection
This collection consists of correspondence, photographs, press clippings, recollections, and ephemera collected by Evelyn Hogins concerning World War II. It also includes material concerning Evelyn's mother, Annie Hogins, and Evelyn's brothers: Clifford, Lawrence "Buster", and Marshall Hogins. The brothers all served in the U.S. military. A significant portion of the collection is comprised of photocopies.
McGill Family Papers
This collection contains documents concerning the McGill family from Knoxville, TN. Four of the McGill children, addressed in this collection, served in the U.S. military during World War II.
Rodney Q. Nelson Jr. Oral History
This collection houses a typescript of an oral history interview with Rodney Quin Nelson Jr. conducted by Charles Johnson for the Veteran's Oral History Project of the Center for the Study of War and Society. The interview focuses primarily on Nelson's World War II experiences in the U. S. Navy.
- United States. Army. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 3
- Morgan County (Tenn.) 1
- Operation Torch, 1942. 1
- United States. Air Force. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. 1
- United States. Marine Corps. 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Veterans -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 1 ∧ less