Showing Collections: 21 - 40 of 42
This collection documents James E. Summers' military service during World War II and contains letters to Summers' parents, two military publications, newsletters, and some military documents including a Nazi Party poster. All items in this collection are photocopies of the originals.
This memoir documents James L. Rogers's service with the Army Air Force (AAF) in the United States and Europe between 1942 and 1945.
This collection consists of Dr. Jerome Jacobs' World War II memoirs, entitled Some Came Home. The bulk of the material documents the years from 1941 to 1945. Dr. Jacobs, a fighter pilot veteran, recounts his experiences training as a pilot, his involvement in combat and in Operation Market Garden, and some of his experiences as a prisoner of war.
This collection features documents about John H. Lawrence and his fellow crew members of the 36th Tank Battalion in the 8th Armored Division.
This collection contains veteran John W. Hamlin Jr.’s photographs from his experiences in World War II serving in the European Theater.
This collection consists of correspondence, maps, photographs, yearbooks, newspaper clippings, official records, and many other types of memorabilia. It documents Joseph E. Martin’s military service in World War II as well as his education, ROTC service, and career as a math professor. It also includes veterans’ activities, World War II comics, and such personal effects as wedding invitations and church bulletins from the 1940’s.
This collection consists of Joseph Edgar Martin's 2003 memoir From Casablanca to Berchtesgaden: A Memoir of World War II. The preface is written by Charles F. Bryan Jr.
Photocopies of V-mail and letters to Anderson’s mother in Lincoln, Nebraska and a photocopy of two photographs from Anderson’s time with the 410th Bomb Squadron, 94th Bomb Group in the European Theater of War during World War II.
The material in this collection documents the World War II military service of Lloyd Hamilton Boyd. Included are approximately 50 letters written from Boyd to members of his family in North Carolina; these were written while Boyd was stationed at Camp Cooke in California as well as overseas in the European Theatre of War (including from England, France, Belgium, and Germany). Also included are ration books, unused V-mail sheets, copies of newspaper clippings, and some memorabilia.
This collection contains a sketch by World War II U. S. Army veteran M. H. Kunselman of a battle scene in Belgium.
This collection contains papers, documents, and a scrapbook related to World War II veteran Mathias C. Helbach’s experience during the war in both the Mediterranean and European Theaters.
This collection features William A. Romeiser's personal narrative, Memories of World War II Experiences, written about his service in the European theatre during World War II.
This collection contains a time table of the 559th Anti-Aircraft Artillery (Automatic Weapons) Batallion, dated from July 16, 1944 to July 19, 1945. The record documents the various stops and destinations of the 559th AAA as well as the times of arrival and departure.
This collection includes several letters penned by Omar L. Ash, mainly to his mother and Lela Ann, during his World War II service. Other letters included are addressed from Ash's commanders.
The Richard Thomas Alexander Oral History, 2003, is a typescript from an oral history interview with Richard Alexander by Dr. Kurt Piehler and Jake White of the University of Tennessee for the Veteran's Oral History Project conducted by the Center for the Study of War and Society. The interview focuses primarily on his World War II experiences, but also covers pre-war and post-war periods.
This collection contains military documents, phtographs, and publications regarding Robert C. Jackson, a pilot in the Air Force during World War II.
Robert Hooper served during World War II in the European theater. This collection contains much of his correspondence - mainly addressed to his family - featuring his time in the service and describing some of his troop's movements.
This collection houses a typescript of an oral history interview with Rodney Quin Nelson Jr. conducted by Charles Johnson for the Veteran's Oral History Project of the Center for the Study of War and Society. The interview focuses primarily on Nelson's World War II experiences in the U. S. Navy.
This collection contains a 1945 publication of “Hospital Hi Lites” kept by World War II Army veteran Roger Garland.
This collection includes correspondence, manuscripts, and other documents on Wendell Ralph Lufkin's World War II experience in the European theatre.
- United States. Army. 22
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 9
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 5
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 4
- United States. Army Air Forces. 3
- United States. Navy. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- France. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Germany. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, German. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons. 2
- World War, 1939-1945. 2
- Agricultural education. 1
- Anzio Beachhead, 1944. 1
- Ardennes, Battle of the, 1944-1945. 1
- Arnhem, Battle of, Arnhem, Netherlands, 1944. 1
- Cerignola (Italy). 1
- Germany -- History -- 1945-1955. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953. 1
- Morgan County (Tenn.) 1
- Operation Torch, 1942. 1
- Reconstruction (1939-1951) -- Germany. 1
- Stalag Luft III. 1
- United States. Air Force. 1
- United States. Army -- Medals, badges, decorations, etc. 1
- United States. Army -- Parachute troops -- History -- World War, 1939-1945. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Air Force, 15th. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Bombardment Group (H), 455th. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Fighter Group, 364th. 1
- United States. Army. Air Corps. 1
- United States. Army. Armored Division, 10th. 1
- United States. Army. Armored Division, 8th. 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 4th. 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 83rd. 1
- United States. Marine Corps. 1
- V-mail. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Africa, North. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Africa. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- France -- Normandy. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Casualties -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Periodicals. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Philippines. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Photography. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Regimental histories -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- South America. 1 ∧ less