Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Arthur B. Cox Jr.’s “Escape through Enemy Territory”
This collection includes one photocopy of Arthur B. Cox Jr.’s autobiography, “Escape through Enemy Territory.” The story details Cox’s service with the U. S. Army Air Corps during World War II in the European Theater, including his experience of being shot down over France, spending time with a French family before escaping to Spain, and spending a month in a Spanish prison before being rescued.
Barwick O. Barfield Memoir
This collection includes a copy of Days Not Forgotten, a memoir of Barwick O. Barfield's World War II experiences as a navigator with the Army Air Forces in the European theater and a prisoner of war.
Elmore Allen Green Collection
This collection features a copy of Elmore Allen Green's recollections of his time in the US Air Force serving in the European theater during World War II.
George Remaley Collection
Photographs and papers documenting George Remaley's service in the European Theatre with the 9th Infantry Division of the U.S. Army during World War II.
James "J. D." Blankenship Jr. Collection
This collection contains documents, correspondence, and photographs belonging to James David "J. D." Blankenship Jr., a private in the U.S. Army during World War II.
M. E. Springer Oral History
In this collection, M. E. Springer discusses his life as a non-combat soldier in World War II and his postwar work conducting soil surveys in Japan.
Washington M. Davis Collection
This collection features a copy of Love, War, and Hate written by Washington M. Davis about his World War II experience.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 4
- World War, 1939-1945. 3
- United States. Army Air Forces. 2
- United States. Army. 2
- Soil surveys -- Japan. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Air Force, 9th. 1
- United States. Army. Air Corps. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Germany. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, African American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 1 ∧ less