Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
In this memoir, Buck Donaldson recounts his childhood in rural Louisiana and his service in the U. S. Navy during World War II.
This collection consists of a transcript of an interview with Buck Donaldson by Kurt Piehler and Tiffany Davis conducted on October 21, 2002 in Knoxville, Tennessee as part of the Veteran's Oral History Project. In the interview, Donaldson speaks about his childhood in the Depression, his experiences in the Navy during World War II, and his postwar life as a missionary in Africa.
Major Erastus Edward Strobino, M.D. kept a travelogue/nature journal while serving with the Americal Division (23rd Infantry Division) at the 109th Station Hospital in New Caledonia from 1942 to 1943. In the journal, he describes the native flora and fauna on the island, and writes about the indigenous diseases and medicine, constellations, and other scientific and nature-related topics.
This collection includes a copy of World War II soldier Frank Baghetti's memoir, "As I Witnessed World War II," along with aa photograph of Baghetti's plane, "Hubba Hubba."
This collection consists of an April 27, 2000 interview with Thomas N. Parlon for the Veteran's Oral History Project at the Center for the Study of War and Society, Department of History, University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Parlon discusses his participation in the National Guard and his service in the Pacific.
In this memoir, entitled A Proud Marine: World War II Veteran Bunk Austin, William A. Bunk Austin recounts his service with the Marine 18th Defense Battalion during World War II. The narrative is richly illustrated with photographs from Austin's scrapbook and reproductions of such materials as service records, maps, and medals. The work also includes some photographs from Austin's childhood and visits to war memorials later in life.
- United States. Navy. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 3
- Louisiana -- History. 2
- Veterans -- United States. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 2
- Baptists -- Missions -- Africa. 1
- Great Depression. 1
- Liberty ships. 1
- Missionaries -- Africa, Sub-Saharan. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Saipan. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Monuments -- Virginia. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- New Caledonia. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945. 1 ∧ less