Showing Collections: 21 - 40 of 42
These papers include photocopies of correspondence, news articles, and newsletters documenting Hugh Talley’s service with the U.S. Army, particularly during World War II.
This collection includes the manuscripts, self-published book, and memoirs written by World War II Fighter Pilot J. Fred Baumann.
Photocopy of a six-page handwritten letter from J. Guy Boswell Jr. to his wife. Boswell penned this letter from Japan in 1945 while serving with the U.S. Navy. Boswell writes about the history and current state of the city of Yokohama as well as his experiences there. He also comments on the weather and his health.
This collection contains documents, correspondence, and photographs belonging to James David "J. D." Blankenship Jr., a private in the U.S. Army during World War II.
This collection features John Crowe's personal narrative, "Days in the Wild Blue Yonder," written about his service in the European Theater during World War II.
Papers of World War II veteran Joseph B. Boyd, including publications and photocopies of articles. Publications are from 1995 and include 1st Fighter News, WWII Nightfighters Newsletter, and The Flying Sergeant. Photocopied articles include information about Boyd's service.
This collection houses minutes, plans, reports, correspondence, and publications documenting the Knoxville Community Planning Council's work between 1943 and 1946. The bulk of the material focuses on the Master Planning Committee.
This collection contains a photocopy of the book, Move Out, Verify: The Combat Story of the 743rd Tank Battalion by Wayne Robinson.
This collection is a typed transcript of a speech given by Lindsey Nelson to the East Tennessee Historical Society. Nelson recounts his experiences leading up to and serving during World War II.
In this collection, M. E. Springer discusses his life as a non-combat soldier in World War II and his postwar work conducting soil surveys in Japan.
This collection contains documents concerning the McGill family from Knoxville, TN. Four of the McGill children, addressed in this collection, served in the U.S. military during World War II.
In this oral history, Neal O'Steen recounts his childhood in Bedford County, Tennessee and his service as an orderly in Virginia and as a Pharmacist's Mate in San Francisco during World War II. He also describes his service in Virginia during the Korean War.
This collection contains the personal narrative of World War II veteran Colonel Robert C. Hornsby.
This collection includes photographs, U.S. Naval Forces and Eleventh Amphibious Force documents, newspaper excerpts about Robert G. Osborne and his fellow men, and a brief personal narrative from Osborne about his experience in World War II.
A typescript copy of Robert S. Crouse’s memoir, “There I Was…The Wartime Memoir of a Junior Birdman.” This story details Crouse’s time with the U. S. Army Air Corps from his basic training to his service as a bomber pilot in the Mediterranean Theater during World War II.
This collection includes two typed copies of Warren Giles’s work, “Company B, 117th Infantry.” As noted in the preface, this work is a “narrative of events of Company B, 117th Infantry, 30th Infantry Division, Tennessee National Guard from April 1921 to November 24, 1945.”
This collection features a copy of Love, War, and Hate written by Washington M. Davis about his World War II experience.
This collection contains William Austin's memoir A Proud Marine: World War II Veteran Bunk Austin which documents his experiences as a Marine beginning with his enlistment on August 31, 1934. The manuscript includes photographs, military records, correspondence, and brief descriptions of the main events of Austin’s service including his participation in battles on Saipan and Tinian. Also included are candid photographs of daily military life and personal remembrances.
This collection includes photographs largely from the European Theater of Operations Headquarters during World War II.
- United States. Army. 18
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 11
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 11
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 9
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 8
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Europe. 7
- United States. Navy. 6
- United States. Army. Air Corps. 5
- United States. Army Air Forces. 4
- United States. Marine Corps. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Aerial operations, American. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy. 3
- World War, 1939-1945. 3
- United States. Air Force. 2
- United States. Army -- Medals, badges, decorations, etc. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Africa, North. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Germany. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Casualties -- United States. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Regimental histories -- United States. 2
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Medical care. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Participation, American. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 1
- Morgan County (Tenn.) 1
- Soil surveys -- Japan. 1
- Tennessee -- Economic policy. 1
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- 1865-1950. 1
- United States. Army -- Airborne troops. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Air Force, 9th. 1
- United States. Army. Corps of Engineers. 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Division, 30th -- History. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Alumni and alumnae. 1
- V-mail. 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Veterans -- United States. 1
- World War, 1914-1918. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Japan. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Germany -- Propaganda. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Japan. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, African American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Periodicals. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Philippines. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Photography. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Press coverage. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Tennessee. 1 ∧ less