Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
This collection houses a compilation of papers documenting the 455th Bomb Group including military orders, photographs, and material showing the conception of the 455th Bomb Group Association. These papers provide a wealth of information about the strategic nature of the air war in Europe, the quality of life for pilots and crew members in combat, and the camaraderie of squads following the end of the war.
This collection consists of two pamphlets distributed to United States and Allied troops during World War II. The U. S. War Department distributed the first of these booklets to American troops newly arrived in England to provide them with an introduction to English culture. The second pamphlet was given to all Allied troops and highlights various aspects of Paris nightlife and tourist attractions.
The Edgar Wilson Oral History, 2003-2004, is a typescript of an oral history interview with Edgar Wilson by Dr. Kurt Piehler, Greg Kupsky, and Patrick Leverton of the University of Tennessee for the Veteran's Oral History Project conducted by the Center for the Study of War and Society. The interview focuses primarily on Wilson's World War II experiences, but also covers pre-war and post-war periods.
This collection houses a typescript of an oral history interview conducted with Foster Arnett by G. Kurt Piehler and Johnny Goins for the Veteran's Oral History Project at the Center for the Study of War and Society. The interview documents Arnett's childhood in East Tennessee, his experiences in the Pacific Theater during World War II, and his postwar legal practice.
- United States. Army. Division, 80th. 2
- Cerignola (Italy). 1
- France -- Social life and customs -- 20th century. 1
- Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 1918-1945. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Lawyers -- Tennessee. 1
- Leyte Gulf, Battle of, Philippines, 1944. 1
- Paris (France) -- History -- 1940-1944. 1
- Pearl Harbor (Hawaii), Attack on, 1941. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Air Force, 15th. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Bombardment Group (H), 455th. 1
- United States. Army. 1
- United States. Army. Parachute Infantry Regiment, 511th. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Europe. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 1 ∧ less