Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 23
This collection features papers, correspondence, and photographs from reunions of the 74th General Hospital.
This collection features 18 photographs and one postcard depicting various activities of the 74th General Hospital during World War II.
This collection includes maps of Central Europe, the Middle and Near East, Scandinavia, Austria, and Alaska as well as a regional atlas and a world map all dating from the early to mid 20th century.
This collection contains 36 World War II photographs from Arthur D. Lewis who served in the European Theater.
This collection includes a copy of Days Not Forgotten, a memoir of Barwick O. Barfield's World War II experiences as a navigator with the Army Air Forces in the European theater and a prisoner of war.
This collection includes publications kept by Ben Franklin about the Fifteenth Air Force (established in 1943 during WWII). The first publication documents the first 40 years of Fifteenth Air Force 1943-1983, the second and third publications are Fifteenth Air Force “Sorties” from 1989.
World War II documents and photographs of veteran Digby G. Seymour including pieces of Japanese currency and photographs of a Nazi Party rally in Austria.
This collection includes photographs, maps, papers, newspapers, documents, booklets, and other publications kept by Brig. General Dwight L. McReynolds during his service in World War II (European Theater) and shortly after.
This collection includes news articles and a news release notice from World War II.
This collection features a copy of Elmore Allen Green's recollections of his time in the US Air Force serving in the European theater during World War II.
This collection includes photographs and postcards from Emil C. Baar's time in England and France serving in World War II in 1945.
This collection includes two daily records of events documenting Ernest Barlow's company's movements from March 1944 through July 1945. Barlow served during World War II with Company A of the 44th Engineer Battalion.
This collection features two V-Mails written to Gena S. Sharp's daughters during World War II. One is from a doctor stationed in Europe and the other from a nurse in North Africa.
Photographs and papers documenting George Remaley's service in the European Theatre with the 9th Infantry Division of the U.S. Army during World War II.
This collection features 40 photographs of the 74th General Hospital, specifically of Ward 14.
The transcript of an oral history interview with World War II veteran John B. Phelps along with a copy of Pictorial History of the 65th Infantry Division and several newspaper clippings.
This collection contains a narrative of John H. “Corky” Moulton’s experience as a prisoner of war in Germany and Austria during World War II.
This collection contains multiple photographs of the U. S. Armed Forces in France, Germany, and Belgium during World War II.
Collection includes 3 issues of a newsletter, Cobbie's Chatter, put together by World War II soldier Marion Cobb to provide updates to friends and family. Also included are two photocopied newspaper clippings.
- World War, 1939-1945. 10
- United States. Army. 8
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Hospitals. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 3
- United States. Army Air Forces. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- France. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Maps. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, African American. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Photography. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 2
- New York (N.Y.) -- Aerial views. 1
- Prisoners of war -- Germany. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Air Force, 15th. 1
- United States. Office of War Information. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Japan. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women. 1 ∧ less