Showing Collections: 81 - 100 of 261
This collection documents Erwin P. Currier’s service with the U. S. Navy during World War II. Included is a CD of an interview with Currier as well as photocopies of photographs and service documents. Also included is information related to the histories of two ships on which Currier served: USS Card and USS Bennington.
This collection contains the papers of Eugene Adkins related to his time in WWII.
A 13-page typed manuscript of Everette Greene’s memoir of his service in World War II entitled, “One Soldier’s View of the War.” Greene’s story begins with his enlistment in July 1940 with the U.S. Army, then details his time in the war in Guyana, France, Belgium, and England.
This collection houses a typescript of an oral history interview conducted with Foster Arnett by G. Kurt Piehler and Johnny Goins for the Veteran's Oral History Project at the Center for the Study of War and Society. The interview documents Arnett's childhood in East Tennessee, his experiences in the Pacific Theater during World War II, and his postwar legal practice.
This collection features one copy of The Story of the Lewis and Marjorie Fox Family of Big Springs written by their eldest daughter, Judy Elizabeth Fox Knoblock. Featuring the personal narratives of Lewis and Majorie, Judy provides a recollection of their family's history, particularly during the Great Depression and World War II.
This collection includes personal photos of Francis and Pauline Gualtiere during their military service with the Marine Corps. Included are pictures of their wedding reception, military portraits, and friends. Also available are press clippings about their nuptials as well as a letter Sgt. Francis C. Gualtiere submitted to The Parish Monthly Calendar regarding faith during wartime.
The Francis O. Ayers Oral History constitutes a transcript of an oral history interview with Francis O. Ayers conducted by Kate Landdeck and Ramaah Sadasivam for the Center for the Study of War and Society's Veterans Oral History Project. The interview focuses primarily on Ayers' World War II experiences as a U. S. Army Paratrooper, but also covers some pre- and post-war memories.
This collection includes a copy of World War II soldier Frank Baghetti's memoir, "As I Witnessed World War II," along with aa photograph of Baghetti's plane, "Hubba Hubba."
This collection consists of materials regarding Lt. Frank L. Kersnowski, a staff sergeant at a hospital in Honolulu, Hawaii during World War II. This collection includes military documents, newspapers, publications, photographs, and a scrapbook. Most publications are photocopies.
This collection features material related to the 87th Infantry Division including multiple volumes of the newsletter, "Golden Acorn News", the book, 87th Infantry Division, and papers regarding reunions for the group.
Collection includes a copy of ULTRA and the Army Air Forces in World War II edited by Diane T. Putney.
This collection gives a glimpse into the life of the Freytag family, a miltary family from Wartburg, TN. The collection includes correspondence, press clippings, photographs, and certificates regarding the Freytag children, Albert Jr., Fred, and Maxwell. Albert Jr. was enlisted in the U.S. Marines, Fred was enlisted in the U.S. Navy, and Maxwell was enlisted in the U.S. Army. All materials are photocopies, donated by the family matriarch, Ethel H. Freytag.
This collection features two V-Mails written to Gena S. Sharp's daughters during World War II. One is from a doctor stationed in Europe and the other from a nurse in North Africa.
Two portrait photographs of Geneva Thompson, who served with the Women's Army Corps (WAC) during World War II, in uniform. Also included is a newspaper clipping regarding Thompson.
This collection consists of George McDonald's photographs, military documents, and war recollections.
This collection includes a transcript of an interview with George Lawson, World War II veteran, and the subsequent news article written about his service.
Photographs and papers documenting George Remaley's service in the European Theatre with the 9th Infantry Division of the U.S. Army during World War II.
This collection is comprised of photocopied, proof versions of George W. Wyatt's Super Breed 1, later published as Super Breed 1: A Journal of the First Marine Engineers, Pioneers, and Seabees, and Super Breed 2. While Super Breed 1 documents several campaigns of the 1st Combat Engineer Battalion, a significant portion of the book focuses on Wyatt's personal experiences in the Guadalcanal Campaign. Super Breed 2 is made up almost entirely of captioned photographs.
This collection consists of Gladys Bonine’s typed memoir entitled “Recollections of One Army Nurse in World War II.” The 132-page memoir documents Bonine’s service in World War II including her decision to enlist, her training, and her time as a nurse in England.
This collection documents Glen Burchby's World War II military service. Included are letters written to Burchby, mostly during 1943-1945; a three-page typescript with details about Burchby’s life and military service, including his time as a prisoner of war from 1944-1945; and a photocopy and English translation of a German history of Stalag IV-B prisoner of war camp, the camp in which Burchby was held.
- United States. Army. 65
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 58
- World War, 1939-1945. 49
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 38
- United States. Navy. 29
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 27
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 23
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Europe. 23
- United States. Army Air Forces. 22
- United States. Air Force. 21
- United States. Marine Corps. 20
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 13
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 12
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons. 10
- United States. Army. Air Corps. 9
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- France. 9
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Photography. 9
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Ocean. 8
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care. 8
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, Female. 8
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Periodicals. 8
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Africa, North. 7
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Japan. 7
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy. 6
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Hospitals. 6
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, American. 6
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women -- United States. 5
- United States. Army Nurse Corps. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Japan. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Maps. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations -- Submarine. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations, American. 4
- Oral history -- United States. 3
- Pearl Harbor (Hawaii), Attack on, 1941. 3
- Photographs. 3
- United States. Air Force -- History. 3
- United States. Army Air Forces. Air Force, 15th. 3
- United States. Army. Division, 80th. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Aerial operations, American. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Asia. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Germany. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Philippines. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Philippines. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women. 3
- Correspondence. 2
- Hiroshima-shi (Japan) -- History -- Bombardment, 1945. 2
- Iwo Jima, Battle of, Japan, 1945. 2
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Korean War, 1950-1953. 2
- Prisoners of war 2
- Prisoners of war -- Germany. 2
- United States. Army. Armored Division, 8th. 2
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Alumni and alumnae. 2
- V-mail. 2
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Burma. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- France -- Normandy. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Casualties -- United States. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care -- Great Britain. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, African American. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, German. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, Japanese. 2
- Agricultural education. 1
- Air pilots, Military -- United States. 1
- Airlift, Military -- United States. 1
- Anzio Beachhead, 1944. 1
- Ardennes, Battle of the, 1944-1945. 1
- Arnhem, Battle of, Arnhem, Netherlands, 1944. 1
- Atomic bomb -- Japan -- Hiroshima-shi. 1
- Atomic bomb -- United States -- History. 1
- Baptists -- Missions -- Africa. 1
- Camp Crowder (Mo.) 1
- Cerignola (Italy). 1
- Dollmakers -- United States. 1
- Ecuador -- Aerial photographs. 1
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee. 1
- Enterprise (Aircraft carrier : CV-6). 1
- France -- Social life and customs -- 20th century. 1
- Gardening 1
- Germany -- History -- 1945-1955. 1
- Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 1918-1945. 1
- Great Depression. 1
- Guadalcanal, Battle of, Solomon Islands, 1942-1943 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- Guided missiles -- Design and construction. 1
- Handicraft -- Tennessee. 1
- Jefferson City (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Lawyers -- Tennessee. 1
- Leyte Gulf, Battle of, Philippines, 1944. 1
- Louisiana -- History. 1
- Memphis Belle (B-17 bomber) 1
- Missionaries -- Africa, Sub-Saharan. 1
- Morgan County (Tenn.) 1
- Nagasaki-shi (Japan) -- History -- Bombardment, 1945. 1
- New York (N.Y.) -- Aerial views. 1
- Nuclear facilities -- United States. 1
- Oak Ridge (Tenn.) 1
- Operation Torch, 1942. 1
- Paris (France) -- History -- 1940-1944. 1 ∧ less
- English 259
- German 1
- Japanese 1