Showing Collections: 21 - 27 of 27
This collection consists of photocopies of Leroy Neal's personal papers regarding his service in WWII. The collection includes Leroy Neal's autobiographical essay about serving as a radio operator and side gunner on a B-24 bomber, 2 photographs, 2 letters to his parents, a service diary, and news clippings. Also included is an issue of the journal publication Sortie.
This collection consists of Maurice Park's personal papers, correspondence, military documents, military honors, and photographs from his service in World War II. Also available are materials concerning the commendation to Eastern Command on Sept. 22, 1944, and the 50th Anniversary celebration of V-E day in Moscow.
This collection consists of Oscar Roy Ashley's personal World War II materials and includes correspondence, press clippings, military papers pertaining to his quartermaster training, and documents regarding his work as a quartermaster. Also available are two scrapbooks, a photograph album, and other commemorative materials from his service.
This collection contains a variety of documents and mementos collected primarily during Paul G. Simpson's three years in the Army Air Force. It includes personal letters, military documents, tourist mementos, newspaper clippings, and publications about both military and civilian life. The scrapbook pages include photographs, realia, and documents, all accompanied by extensive commentary written by his wife, Edna.
This collection consists of Thomas E. Miller's memoir titled "A Story for My Grandchildren." The memoir provides several details about his experiences as a child in Grand Rapids, Michigan as well his experience in the Army Air Corps during World War II. Also included in the memoir are post-war stories of what his life was like after the war.
These papers document the military training and career of William G. Keen, an Army Air Force lieutenant who served in Europe during and after World War II. The collection includes several years of correspondence, training documents, professional photos, issues of many different magazines and newspapers from his various posts, as well as an assortment of memorabilia saved from service and travel.
This report, 16 pages in length, describes in technical detail the enterprise of 15 bombing missions carried out by the 315th Bombardment Wing of the U. S. Air Force against Japan's oil refineries in June 1945.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 24
- United States. Air Force. 23
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 6
- United States. Air Force -- History. 3
- Photographs. 2
- United States. Army. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Africa, North. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Photography. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 2
- Correspondence. 1
- Memphis Belle (B-17 bomber) 1
- Oral history -- United States. 1
- Photographs -- 20th century. 1
- Prisoners of war 1
- Prisoners of war -- Germany. 1
- Scrapbooks. 1
- United States -- Armed Forces -- History -- World War, 1939-1945. 1
- United States. Air Force -- Handbooks, manuals, etc. 1
- United States. Air Force -- History -- 20th century. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Air Force, 9th. 1
- United States. Navy. 1
- V-mail. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Aerial operations, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Asia. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Japan. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Guam. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Philippines. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Soviet Union. 1
- World War, 1939-1945. 1 ∧ less