Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
This collection includes a copy of Days Not Forgotten, a memoir of Barwick O. Barfield's World War II experiences as a navigator with the Army Air Forces in the European theater and a prisoner of war.
These papers document Cecil Staley’s service with the U.S. Army Air Forces during World War II in the Pacific Theatre of Operations. Included are Staley’s typed accounts of his missions in Japan from December 1944 to July 1945.
This collection includes a three-page typed account from Charles Kneen of his experiences in Hawaii and at Pearl Harbor in November and December 1941.
This collection contains one copy of "My Forties," Donald L. Askerman's typed memoir of his experiences during World War II.
This collection features a copy of Elmore Allen Green's recollections of his time in the US Air Force serving in the European theater during World War II.
This collection includes a copy of World War II soldier Frank Baghetti's memoir, "As I Witnessed World War II," along with aa photograph of Baghetti's plane, "Hubba Hubba."
Transcription of an oral history conducted with James J. Akins, who served as a pilot during World War II in the European theater. Akins was captured by German forces in 1944 and held for almost a year as a prisoner of war. During his service, he performed in several important raids on German forces. In his interview, he dictates experiences from before, during, and after the war.
This collection consists of a transcript of an interview with Lonas Tarr by G. Kurt Piehler and Kathryn P. O'Donnell conducted on March 7, 2003 in Knoxville, Tennessee as part of the Center for the Study of War and Society's Veteran's Oral History Project. Tarr speaks of his childhood in Jefferson City, his experiences in the Air Force during World War II, and his postwar life working as an American Airlines pilot in Europe.
In this collection, M. E. Springer discusses his life as a non-combat soldier in World War II and his postwar work conducting soil surveys in Japan.
This film, entitled Troublemaker -- A Pilot's Story of WWII, documents Robert Harrington's service flying B-24s in Europe with the 466th Bomb Group during 1944.
- United States. Army Air Forces. 7
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 7
- World War, 1939-1945. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Europe. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 2
- Jefferson City (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Oral history -- United States. 1
- Pearl Harbor (Hawaii), Attack on, 1941. 1
- Prisoners of war 1
- Soil surveys -- Japan. 1
- United States. Air Force. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Air Force, 9th. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Air Transport Command. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Bombardment Group (Heavy), 466th. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Aerial operations, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Japan. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Underground movements -- Netherlands. 1 ∧ less