Showing Collections: 21 - 33 of 33
This collection documents John W. Bell's participation with the IV (Fourth) Corps during World War II and after. Included is correspondence, newspaper articles, publications, and more from Bell's time during the war. Also included is material documenting the post-war activity of the IV Corps including newsletters, reunion material, and more.
Papers of World War II veteran Joseph B. Boyd, including publications and photocopies of articles. Publications are from 1995 and include 1st Fighter News, WWII Nightfighters Newsletter, and The Flying Sergeant. Photocopied articles include information about Boyd's service.
This collection contains a photocopy of the book, Move Out, Verify: The Combat Story of the 743rd Tank Battalion by Wayne Robinson.
In this collection, M. E. Springer discusses his life as a non-combat soldier in World War II and his postwar work conducting soil surveys in Japan.
This collection contains documents concerning the McGill family from Knoxville, TN. Four of the McGill children, addressed in this collection, served in the U.S. military during World War II.
This collection documents Meeks B. Vaughan's time serving with the 17th Photographic Reconnaissance Squadron in World War II. Included are personal belongings, such as a handwritten diary, currency (both domestic and foreign), photographs and a photograph album. The collection also contains military documents such as supply, order, and transfer forms; certificates; receipts; and intelligence photographs and maps from his photographic missions.
This collection contains the personal narrative of World War II veteran Colonel Robert C. Hornsby.
A typescript copy of Robert S. Crouse’s memoir, “There I Was…The Wartime Memoir of a Junior Birdman.” This story details Crouse’s time with the U. S. Army Air Corps from his basic training to his service as a bomber pilot in the Mediterranean Theater during World War II.
This collection includes two typed copies of Warren Giles’s work, “Company B, 117th Infantry.” As noted in the preface, this work is a “narrative of events of Company B, 117th Infantry, 30th Infantry Division, Tennessee National Guard from April 1921 to November 24, 1945.”
This collection includes photographs largely from the European Theater of Operations Headquarters during World War II.
- United States. Army. 22
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 9
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 8
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 7
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 7
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Europe. 6
- United States. Army Air Forces. 5
- United States. Army. Air Corps. 5
- United States. Navy. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 3
- United States. Army -- Medals, badges, decorations, etc. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Aerial operations, American. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Africa, North. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Casualties -- United States. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Regimental histories -- United States. 2
- Camp Crowder (Mo.) 1
- Morgan County (Tenn.) 1
- Soil surveys -- Japan. 1
- United States. Air Force. 1
- United States. Army -- Airborne troops. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Air Force, 9th. 1
- United States. Army. Corps of Engineers. 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Division, 30th -- History. 1
- United States. Marine Corps. 1
- V-mail. 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Veterans -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Germany. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Japan. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Periodicals. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Photography. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Press coverage. 1 ∧ less