Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
This collection houses a compilation of papers documenting the 455th Bomb Group including military orders, photographs, and material showing the conception of the 455th Bomb Group Association. These papers provide a wealth of information about the strategic nature of the air war in Europe, the quality of life for pilots and crew members in combat, and the camaraderie of squads following the end of the war.
This collection contains one copy of "My Forties," Donald L. Askerman's typed memoir of his experiences during World War II.
This collection consists of Dr. Jerome Jacobs' World War II memoirs, entitled Some Came Home. The bulk of the material documents the years from 1941 to 1945. Dr. Jacobs, a fighter pilot veteran, recounts his experiences training as a pilot, his involvement in combat and in Operation Market Garden, and some of his experiences as a prisoner of war.
This collection contains documents concerning the McGill family from Knoxville, TN. Four of the McGill children, addressed in this collection, served in the U.S. military during World War II.
This collection contains military documents, phtographs, and publications regarding Robert C. Jackson, a pilot in the Air Force during World War II.
- United States. Army Air Forces. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 4
- Arnhem, Battle of, Arnhem, Netherlands, 1944. 1
- Cerignola (Italy). 1
- Stalag Luft III. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Air Force, 15th. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Bombardment Group (H), 455th. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Fighter Group, 364th. 1
- United States. Army. 1
- United States. Navy. 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Veterans -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, German. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 1
- World War, 1939-1945. 1 ∧ less