Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
This collection consists of correspondence, maps, photographs, yearbooks, newspaper clippings, official records, and many other types of memorabilia. It documents Joseph E. Martin’s military service in World War II as well as his education, ROTC service, and career as a math professor. It also includes veterans’ activities, World War II comics, and such personal effects as wedding invitations and church bulletins from the 1940’s.
This collection houses the transcript of Stanley Duhan's oral history. In this interview, Duhan recollects aspects of his life, including time in the Navy and Air Force Reserves during World War II and the Korean War and his time working on the Titan and Atlas Missile projects.
This folder contains the transcript of an interview with W. Lewis Wood, dated 3 August 2002, conducted in Memphis, Tenn., by Kurt Piehler and Nashwa Van Houts of the Veteran's Oral History Project. Wood discusses his childhood in Memphis, his experiences as an engineering student at the University of Tennessee, and his time serving in the US Navy and Army during World War II and the Korean War, respectively.
- Korean War, 1950-1953. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 2
- Anzio Beachhead, 1944. 1
- Guided missiles -- Design and construction. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- Nuclear facilities -- United States. 1
- United States. Navy -- History. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 1
- V-mail. 1
- Veterans -- United States -- Interviews. 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945. 1 ∧ less