Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Clinton E. Riddle Oral History
In this interview with Kurt Piehler and Seth Womack of the Center for the Study of War and Society, Clinton E. Riddle discusses his childhood on an East Tennessee farm and his service during World War II, including his training, flying gliders, ground combat, and leave in Paris. The conversation took place on March 19, 2002.
Dates: 2002 March 19
M. E. Springer Oral History
In this collection, M. E. Springer discusses his life as a non-combat soldier in World War II and his postwar work conducting soil surveys in Japan.
Dates: 2001 April 3
Neal O'Steen Oral History
In this oral history, Neal O'Steen recounts his childhood in Bedford County, Tennessee and his service as an orderly in Virginia and as a Pharmacist's Mate in San Francisco during World War II. He also describes his service in Virginia during the Korean War.
Dates: 2002 April 2
William Hunt Scrapbooks and Other Materials
Abstract This collection consists primarily of two scrapbooks documenting William H. Hunt's service in the Army Corps of Engineers between 1942 and 1946. The larger scrapbook contains three professional portraits of Hunt in uniform, snapshots, magazine and newspaper clippings dating from 1945 and 1984, a telegraph that Hunt sent to his parents, a copy of a letter of commendation, and a propaganda leaflet that the Japanese dropped while he as stationed on Leyte. Two photographs of Hunt at a military...
Dates: 1942-2008 (Bulk 1942-1946)
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care. 2
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Medical care. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Participation, American. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 1
- Soil surveys -- Japan. 1
- United States. Army -- Airborne troops. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Air Force, 9th. 1
- United States. Army. 1
- United States. Army. Corps of Engineers. 1
- United States. Navy. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Europe. 1 ∧ less