Showing Collections: 41 - 56 of 56
This collection documents Meeks B. Vaughan's time serving with the 17th Photographic Reconnaissance Squadron in World War II. Included are personal belongings, such as a handwritten diary, currency (both domestic and foreign), photographs and a photograph album. The collection also contains military documents such as supply, order, and transfer forms; certificates; receipts; and intelligence photographs and maps from his photographic missions.
In this oral history, Neal O'Steen recounts his childhood in Bedford County, Tennessee and his service as an orderly in Virginia and as a Pharmacist's Mate in San Francisco during World War II. He also describes his service in Virginia during the Korean War.
This collection contains the personal narrative of World War II veteran Colonel Robert C. Hornsby.
This collection includes photographs, U.S. Naval Forces and Eleventh Amphibious Force documents, newspaper excerpts about Robert G. Osborne and his fellow men, and a brief personal narrative from Osborne about his experience in World War II.
A typescript copy of Robert S. Crouse’s memoir, “There I Was…The Wartime Memoir of a Junior Birdman.” This story details Crouse’s time with the U. S. Army Air Corps from his basic training to his service as a bomber pilot in the Mediterranean Theater during World War II.
This collection includes documents and photographs from Rodmond Rentfro’s World War II stateside military service. The documents include paperwork surrounding Rentfro’s honorable discharge from the Army and his separation qualification record. There are four photographs: two are military group portraits, one depicts the soldiers working in a pressroom, and the final is a large unidentified group of civilians, likely Rentfro’s family.
This collection is a typed memoir of Jack Brugh’s experiences during World War II, particularly as a prisoner of war in Germany. Brugh touches on his life prior to joining the military, his enlistment in 1943, basic training, and his time abroad in the European Theater of War. Brugh describes his imprisonment at Stalag IV-B during 1944-1945 following capture during the Battle of the Bulge and his subsequent escape and journey to rejoin American lines.
This collection includes photocopies of photographs from Veda Bateman’s service with the American Red Cross during World War II. Also included are two buttons, one from the Red Cross, and with the Nazi Eagle insignia.
This collection includes two typed copies of Warren Giles’s work, “Company B, 117th Infantry.” As noted in the preface, this work is a “narrative of events of Company B, 117th Infantry, 30th Infantry Division, Tennessee National Guard from April 1921 to November 24, 1945.”
This collection features a copy of Love, War, and Hate written by Washington M. Davis about his World War II experience.
This collection contains William Austin's memoir A Proud Marine: World War II Veteran Bunk Austin which documents his experiences as a Marine beginning with his enlistment on August 31, 1934. The manuscript includes photographs, military records, correspondence, and brief descriptions of the main events of Austin’s service including his participation in battles on Saipan and Tinian. Also included are candid photographs of daily military life and personal remembrances.
This collection includes photographs largely from the European Theater of Operations Headquarters during World War II.
This collection consists of a strip of Nazi propaganda film gathered by William F. Larsen while serving in the military during World War II. The film was found among debris near Kitzingen, Germany in April 1945.
- United States. Army. 22
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 12
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 12
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 11
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 10
- United States. Navy. 9
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Europe. 7
- United States. Army Air Forces. 5
- United States. Army. Air Corps. 5
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 5
- World War, 1939-1945. 5
- United States. Marine Corps. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Aerial operations, American. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Africa, North. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Casualties -- United States. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care. 3
- United States. Air Force. 2
- United States. Army -- Medals, badges, decorations, etc. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Germany. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations, American. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Photography. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Press coverage. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Regimental histories -- United States. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Tennessee. 2
- Camp Crowder (Mo.) 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Medical care. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Participation, American. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Photography. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 1
- Morgan County (Tenn.) 1
- Soil surveys -- Japan. 1
- Tennessee -- Economic policy. 1
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- 1865-1950. 1
- United States. Army -- Airborne troops. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Air Force, 9th. 1
- United States. Army. Corps of Engineers. 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Division, 30th -- History. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Alumni and alumnae. 1
- V-mail. 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Veterans -- United States. 1
- World War, 1914-1918. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Japan. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Germany -- Propaganda. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Japan. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, African American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Periodicals. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Philippines. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women -- United States. 1 ∧ less
- American Red Cross 1