Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Claus Mann Collection
This collection features Claus Mann's brief memoir on his experience in the 35th Field Hospital serving on the North African front during World War II.
Erwin B. Bigger Oral History
These two VHS tapes contain a recording of an oral history by Lieutenant Colonel (Retired) Erwin B. Bigger. In it, Bigger discusses his early life and his service with the U. S. Army as a paratrooper during World War II and the Korean War.
Fox Family Collection
This collection features one copy of The Story of the Lewis and Marjorie Fox Family of Big Springs written by their eldest daughter, Judy Elizabeth Fox Knoblock. Featuring the personal narratives of Lewis and Majorie, Judy provides a recollection of their family's history, particularly during the Great Depression and World War II.
Henry Kent Memoir
This memoir (richly illustrated with copies of original photographs) documents Henry Kent's service as a pilot in North Africa and Italy during World War II. Kent discusses such subjects as the planes in use during World War II, the day-to-day operations of his unit, and the activities of his various friends while capturing the hardship, fear, and humor of the situation.
Henry W. Kent Memoir
This collection houses a copy (on CD) of Henry W. Kent's memoirs documenting his experience with the 86th Fighter Squadron (then assigned to the 79th Fighter Group) in North Africa during World War II. It contains detailed descriptions and photographs (many in color) of their service.
Joseph Edgar Martin Memoir
This collection consists of Joseph Edgar Martin's 2003 memoir From Casablanca to Berchtesgaden: A Memoir of World War II. The preface is written by Charles F. Bryan Jr.
Robert G. Osborne Collection
This collection includes photographs, U.S. Naval Forces and Eleventh Amphibious Force documents, newspaper excerpts about Robert G. Osborne and his fellow men, and a brief personal narrative from Osborne about his experience in World War II.
Tennessee Soldier's World War II Memoir
This collection consists of a handwritten Tennessee soldier's memoir recounting his experience in the Navy during World War II. He tells of travels to Africa, Iran, Italy and Spain.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Africa, North. 6
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy. 6
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 6
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 3
- World War, 1939-1945. 3
- United States. Air Force -- History. 2
- United States. Army. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Africa. 2
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Participation, American. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- United States. Army -- Parachute troops. 1
- United States. Army. Airborne Division, 82nd. 1
- United States. Army. Parachute Infantry Regiment, 504th. 1
- United States. Navy. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Iran. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 1 ∧ less