Showing Collections: 21 - 30 of 30
This collection consists of three items demonstrating the impact of World War II on Middle Tennessee.
This collection houses the Bronze Star that Kenneth J. Epping earned during World War II and copies of the VFW edition of a four-volume set entitled Pictorial History of the Second World War.
Copies of the Maryville-Alcoa Times and The Tennessean with featured articles on prisoner of war camps during World War II.
This collection includes a copy of "Liberation," dictating Robert Asquith's time as a prisoner of war during World War II and his liberation. It also contains one copy of a First Lutheran Church (Knoxville, Tenn.) service bulletin with names and addresses of church members serving during World War II and a section for letters from soldiers, including a letter from Asquith.
This collection contains military documents, phtographs, and publications regarding Robert C. Jackson, a pilot in the Air Force during World War II.
This collection includes one copy of The Japanese Story, research and recollections of Stanley Sommers' World War II experiences as a prisoner of war.
This collection is a typed memoir of Jack Brugh’s experiences during World War II, particularly as a prisoner of war in Germany. Brugh touches on his life prior to joining the military, his enlistment in 1943, basic training, and his time abroad in the European Theater of War. Brugh describes his imprisonment at Stalag IV-B during 1944-1945 following capture during the Battle of the Bulge and his subsequent escape and journey to rejoin American lines.
This collection contains research collected by Wiley O. Woods, Jr. and Ed Weiss. It concerns the detachment of Air Force men who were sent to San Jose, Mindoro, Philippine Islands during the early days of World War II, and who spent 37 months in a Prisoner of War camp (Tan Toey) on the island of Ambon.
This collection includes recorded interviews with World War II veterans. In addition to their wartime experiences, veterans are asked about their upbringing, their lives before entering the service, and their attempts to readjust to civilian life after discharge. Information regarding theatre, branch and interviewer have been included when available. Transcripts are available for some interviews.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 18
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, American. 12
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons. 12
- World War, 1939-1945. 7
- United States. Army Air Forces. 5
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 5
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 5
- Prisoners of war -- United States. 4
- United States. Navy. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, German. 4
- Prisoners of war -- Germany. 3
- United States. Army. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, Japanese. 3
- Camp Forrest (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Crossville (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Crossville Internment Camp (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Oral history -- United States. 2
- Prisoners of war 2
- Prisoners of war -- Tennessee -- Crossville. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Europe. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Periodicals. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 2
- Agricultural education. 1
- Arnhem, Battle of, Arnhem, Netherlands, 1944. 1
- Germany. Luftwaffe -- History -- World War, 1939-1945. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Military training camps -- Tennessee. 1
- Prisoners of war -- Philippines. 1
- Stalag Luft III. 1
- United States. Air Force. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Fighter Group, 364th. 1
- United States. Army Nurse Corps. 1
- United States. Army. Air Corps. 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Division, 84th. 1
- United States. Marine Corps. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Japan. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Concentration camps -- Germany. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Military intelligence -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Tennessee. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 1 ∧ less