Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Alice Boehret Correspondence
This collection consists of correspondence written by Alice Boehret during her service with the Army Nurse Corps during World War II. Boehret wrote almost daily letters between 1942 and 1946 to her family, mainly her sisters and mother, and document her time in the European Theater of War, particularly with the 74th General Hospital.
Betty J. Sparks Oral History
The Betty J. Sparks Oral History, 2001, is a typescript from an oral history interview with Betty J. Sparks by Dr. Kurt Piehler and Lindsey Waller of the University of Tennessee for the Veteran's Oral History Project conducted by the Center for the Study of War and Society.
Carol Bell Collection of World War II Women's Air Corps (WAC) Interviews
The Carol Bell WAC Interviews, 1996, consists of audio recordings and transcripts of interviews with 20 women who served in the Women's Army Corps during World War II. The interviews, conducted by Carol Owen Bell, set out to discover the long-term effects of military experience on women who served in the war.
Elizabeth K. Rogers Collection
Geneva R. Thompson Photographs
Two portrait photographs of Geneva Thompson, who served with the Women's Army Corps (WAC) during World War II, in uniform. Also included is a newspaper clipping regarding Thompson.
Gladys Bonine's "Recollections of One Army Nurse in World War II"
This collection consists of Gladys Bonine’s typed memoir entitled “Recollections of One Army Nurse in World War II.” The 132-page memoir documents Bonine’s service in World War II including her decision to enlist, her training, and her time as a nurse in England.
Letter Regarding Mrs. Benneson Janes
This collection contains a single letter from the American Red Cross concerning the transfer of Mrs. Benneson Janes during World War II.
Marinell St. Clair Eldredge Collection
This collection features documents, news articles, and photographs from Marinell St. Clair Eldredge's participation in the 1945 Aviation Psychology Program Flight Project at the University of Tennessee. She was certified as a pilot for the U.S. Air Forces in 1945.
Ruth E. Anderson Papers
UT General Alumni Association Collection
This collection contains items gathered by or sent to the UT General Alumni Association during and after World War II regarding University of Tennessee alumni participation in the war. Material includes photographs, newspaper clippings, newsletters, correspondence and more documenting several individuals.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 9
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women -- United States. 5
- United States. Army Nurse Corps. 2
- United States. Army. Women's Army Corps. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Hospitals. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 2
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Alumni and alumnae. 1
- Women soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care -- Great Britain. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women. 1
- World War, 1939-1945. 1 ∧ less