Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
This collection includes one photocopy of Arthur B. Cox Jr.’s autobiography, “Escape through Enemy Territory.” The story details Cox’s service with the U. S. Army Air Corps during World War II in the European Theater, including his experience of being shot down over France, spending time with a French family before escaping to Spain, and spending a month in a Spanish prison before being rescued.
This collection includes a copy of Days Not Forgotten, a memoir of Barwick O. Barfield's World War II experiences as a navigator with the Army Air Forces in the European theater and a prisoner of war.
This collection features a copy of Elmore Allen Green's recollections of his time in the US Air Force serving in the European theater during World War II.
Photographs and papers documenting George Remaley's service in the European Theatre with the 9th Infantry Division of the U.S. Army during World War II.
This collection contains documents, correspondence, and photographs belonging to James David "J. D." Blankenship Jr., a private in the U.S. Army during World War II.
In this collection, M. E. Springer discusses his life as a non-combat soldier in World War II and his postwar work conducting soil surveys in Japan.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 3
- United States. Army Air Forces. 2
- United States. Army. 2
- World War, 1939-1945. 2
- Soil surveys -- Japan. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Air Force, 9th. 1
- United States. Army. Air Corps. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Germany. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 1 ∧ less