Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
This collection consists of a transcript of an interview with Buck Donaldson by Kurt Piehler and Tiffany Davis conducted on October 21, 2002 in Knoxville, Tennessee as part of the Veteran's Oral History Project. In the interview, Donaldson speaks about his childhood in the Depression, his experiences in the Navy during World War II, and his postwar life as a missionary in Africa.
This collection features photographs, news articles, book excerpts, and other papers from Charles Bray's military service during World War II and his time living in Vietnam while working with the Central Intelligence Agency.
This collection gives a glimpse into the life of the Freytag family, a miltary family from Wartburg, TN. The collection includes correspondence, press clippings, photographs, and certificates regarding the Freytag children, Albert Jr., Fred, and Maxwell. Albert Jr. was enlisted in the U.S. Marines, Fred was enlisted in the U.S. Navy, and Maxwell was enlisted in the U.S. Army. All materials are photocopies, donated by the family matriarch, Ethel H. Freytag.
This collection contains material regarding the military career of Harold S. Fink, a Lieutenant in the U.S. Naval Reserve who served during World War II.
This collection consists of correspondence, photographs, press clippings, recollections, and ephemera collected by Evelyn Hogins concerning World War II. It also includes material concerning Evelyn's mother, Annie Hogins, and Evelyn's brothers: Clifford, Lawrence "Buster", and Marshall Hogins. The brothers all served in the U.S. military. A significant portion of the collection is comprised of photocopies.
This collection consists of correspondence between J. Harold Harveston, a radioman in the U.S. Navy during World War II, and his parents. It also contains an undated newspaper clipping regarding Harveston from the Knoxville News Sentinel.
This collection consists of 21 black and white photographs taken in Hawaii and other Pacific locales by Roy Epps, U. S. Navy, during World War II.
This collection consists of an April 27, 2000 interview with Thomas N. Parlon for the Veteran's Oral History Project at the Center for the Study of War and Society, Department of History, University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Parlon discusses his participation in the National Guard and his service in the Pacific.
The Walter Goolsby Collection includes correspondence to family and other officers, newspapers, photographs, and military and veteran documents from the 1940s and the late 1980s.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 3
- United States. Army. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Photography. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 2
- Baptists -- Missions -- Africa. 1
- Great Depression. 1
- Louisiana -- History. 1
- Missionaries -- Africa, Sub-Saharan. 1
- Morgan County (Tenn.) 1
- United States. Air Force. 1
- United States. Marine Corps. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Faculty. 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Saipan. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Japan. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945. 1 ∧ less