Showing Collections: 21 - 31 of 31
Paul Hutten Collection
This collection contains several editions of “The Masthead (USS Hydrus)” newsletter and a photocopy of a World War II-era map of Okinawa, Japan.
Ray Higgins Oral History
The Ray Higgins Oral History, 2000, is a typescript from an oral history interview with Ray Higgins by Dr. Kurt Piehler and Ellen Eberts of the University of Tennessee for the Veteran's Oral History Project conducted by the Center for the Study of War and Society. The interview focuses primarily on his World War II experiences, but also covers pre-war and post-war periods.
Rodney Q. Nelson Jr. Oral History
This collection houses a typescript of an oral history interview with Rodney Quin Nelson Jr. conducted by Charles Johnson for the Veteran's Oral History Project of the Center for the Study of War and Society. The interview focuses primarily on Nelson's World War II experiences in the U. S. Navy.
Roy Epps Photographs
This collection consists of 21 black and white photographs taken in Hawaii and other Pacific locales by Roy Epps, U. S. Navy, during World War II.
Roy Lee Sampsel Collection
This collection includes military documents and photographs from Roy Lee Sampsel's deployment in the Pacific during World War II as part of the USS Finback submarine crew.
Stanley Duhan Oral History
This collection houses the transcript of Stanley Duhan's oral history. In this interview, Duhan recollects aspects of his life, including time in the Navy and Air Force Reserves during World War II and the Korean War and his time working on the Titan and Atlas Missile projects.
Stanley Sommers Collection
This collection includes one copy of The Japanese Story, research and recollections of Stanley Sommers' World War II experiences as a prisoner of war.
Sterling Blankenship Account of South Pacific Submarine Activities
Typescript of an article documenting Sterling Blankenship's account of his submarine activities during World War II in the South Pacific.
Thomas N. Parlon Oral History
This collection consists of an April 27, 2000 interview with Thomas N. Parlon for the Veteran's Oral History Project at the Center for the Study of War and Society, Department of History, University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Parlon discusses his participation in the National Guard and his service in the Pacific.
Walter Goolsby Collection
The Walter Goolsby Collection includes correspondence to family and other officers, newspapers, photographs, and military and veteran documents from the 1940s and the late 1980s.
World War II Oral History Collection
This collection includes recorded interviews with World War II veterans. In addition to their wartime experiences, veterans are asked about their upbringing, their lives before entering the service, and their attempts to readjust to civilian life after discharge. Information regarding theatre, branch and interviewer have been included when available. Transcripts are available for some interviews.
- United States. Navy. 29
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 9
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 9
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Ocean. 7
- World War, 1939-1945. 7
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations -- Submarine. 4
- United States. Army. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations, American. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Photography. 3
- United States. Marine Corps. 2
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 2
- Baptists -- Missions -- Africa. 1
- Great Depression. 1
- Guided missiles -- Design and construction. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953. 1
- Louisiana -- History. 1
- Missionaries -- Africa, Sub-Saharan. 1
- Morgan County (Tenn.) 1
- Nuclear facilities -- United States. 1
- Operation Torch, 1942. 1
- Oral history -- United States. 1
- Pearl Harbor (Hawaii), Attack on, 1941. 1
- Tennessee Valley Authority -- Officials and employees. 1
- United States. Air Force. 1
- United States. Army Nurse Corps. 1
- United States. Army. Air Corps. 1
- United States. Navy -- Aviation. 1
- United States. Navy -- History. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Faculty. 1
- University of Tennessee, Memphis -- Alumni and alumnae. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Saipan. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Casualties -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Japan. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Periodicals. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, Japanese. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 1 ∧ less