Showing Collections: 1 - 13 of 13
This collection houses publications, drafts, official papers, correspondence, photographs, newspaper clippings, and other materials documenting Andrew Holt's military service, tenure as President of the National Education Association, and term as President of the University of Tennessee. Issues Holt dealt with at U.T. include academic freedom, athletics, integration, U.T. Martin, student life, and finances.
This collection houses student records, correspondence, course descriptions, curricula, and other materials documenting the Army Specialized Training Program at the University of Tennessee between 1943 and 1945. Each of the student records are entered on Form No. 831 and show the student's full name, army serial number, home address, date of birth, classes taken, and grades earned.
Daughters of the American Colonists Clipping, Typescript, and Photograph Regarding the Presentation of a Memorial Tree
This collection houses a typescript of a speech, a newspaper clipping, and a photograph documenting the Daughters of the American Colonists' presentation of a memorial red oak tree to the University of Tennessee to commemorate those who died in World War II. The tree was planted at the entrance to the University's Farm and was intended to be the first of an avenue of memorial trees.
This collection features several drawings drawn by Hal Ernest as a child during World War II.
This collection contains material regarding the military career of Harold S. Fink, a Lieutenant in the U.S. Naval Reserve who served during World War II.
This collection is a typed transcript of a speech given by Lindsey Nelson to the East Tennessee Historical Society. Nelson recounts his experiences leading up to and serving during World War II.
This collection contains letters both addressed to and written by N. E. Fitzgerald, a professor and Dean at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. The letters are correspondence between N. E. Fitzgerald and former students, then serving in all theatres of operation during World War II. The correspondence dates from 1943 to 1946.
This collection houses a U. S. Army audit of the University of Tennessee's facilities conducted during World War II as well as the audit report and a workpaper.
This collection consists of a program for a memorial service held on October 20, 1946 to honor University of Tennessee alumni and students lost during World War II and a letter from University President James D. Hoskins to the family of Walter Welch Gentry inviting them to attend. The program includes poems, the order of services, and a list of deceased alumni and students.
This collection houses negatives and photographs depicting the 63rd College Training Detachment of the Army Air Forces, which operated at the University of Tennessee between 1943 and 1944.
This folder contains the transcript of an interview with W. Lewis Wood, dated 3 August 2002, conducted in Memphis, Tenn., by Kurt Piehler and Nashwa Van Houts of the Veteran's Oral History Project. Wood discusses his childhood in Memphis, his experiences as an engineering student at the University of Tennessee, and his time serving in the US Navy and Army during World War II and the Korean War, respectively.
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 6
- World War, 1939-1945. 5
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- History. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 4
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 3
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Alumni and alumnae. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Tennessee. 2
- College presidents -- Tennessee. 1
- Democracy. 1
- Education -- Tennessee -- History. 1
- Graduation (School). 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. 1
- United States. Army. 1
- United States. Army. Women's Army Corps. 1
- United States. Navy. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Administration. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Faculty. 1
- Veterans -- United States -- Interviews. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Saipan. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Casualties -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Monuments -- Tennessee. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 1 ∧ less