Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
This collection consists of correspondence regarding a World War II prisoner of war who was a member of the 106th Infantry Division in 1945. It also contains the Railsplitter newspaper from May 1945.
This collection houses official congratulatory victory letters, translated German newspapers, secret military reports from corps artillery headquarters, German POW Interrogation reports, confidential G-2 reports, and other World War II ephemera collected by Captain Coleman E. Baird of Tennessee between 1944 and 1945.
In this interview, Edgar C. Wilson discusses the end of his service in World War II and his postwar life in Knoxville, Tennessee.
This collection consists of Dr. Jerome Jacobs' World War II memoirs, entitled Some Came Home. The bulk of the material documents the years from 1941 to 1945. Dr. Jacobs, a fighter pilot veteran, recounts his experiences training as a pilot, his involvement in combat and in Operation Market Garden, and some of his experiences as a prisoner of war.
This collection contains military documents, phtographs, and publications regarding Robert C. Jackson, a pilot in the Air Force during World War II.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 4
- United States. Army Air Forces. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, American. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, German. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons. 2
- Agricultural education. 1
- Arnhem, Battle of, Arnhem, Netherlands, 1944. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Stalag Luft III. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Fighter Group, 364th. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Military intelligence -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Periodicals. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 1 ∧ less