Showing Collections: 21 - 40 of 47
A collection of photocopies of photographs documenting James C. Havron’s military service in Alaska during World War II. Places documented include Dutch Harbor and Attu Island.
This collection features three letters and a newspaper clipping regarding James Harold Fox's service during World War II as a member of the Bombing-Fighting Squadron 89 and the Fleet Tactical Support Squadron 21.
This collection contains materials pertaining to James R. Eddy, member of the U.S. Army Air Force during World War II. The documents include Eddy's correspondence and military papers, newspaper articles, and photographs taken in Tinian, Saipan, and Guam during the war.
The James T. Knight Papers collection consists of photographs, letters, copies of newspaper articles, and a typed journal regarding Knight's military during World War II.
This collection contains correspondence and other papers of World War II veteran James W. Howland’s experience in the Pacific Theater.
This collection includes two maps of the China-Burma-India theater, headquarters documents, membership records of John H. Allen, a World War II soldier. Also included is Allen's journal of places and connected events and an interview transcript of Allen detailing his time serving in WWII.
The LaTain Smith McGhee WWII Memoir, 2001 contains a personal memoir of LaTain Smith McGhee's service in the United States Navy during World War II. Also included are several photographs, as well as transfer orders, awards, and discharge papers.
This collection contains documents concerning the McGill family from Knoxville, TN. Four of the McGill children, addressed in this collection, served in the U.S. military during World War II.
This collection documents Meeks B. Vaughan's time serving with the 17th Photographic Reconnaissance Squadron in World War II. Included are personal belongings, such as a handwritten diary, currency (both domestic and foreign), photographs and a photograph album. The collection also contains military documents such as supply, order, and transfer forms; certificates; receipts; and intelligence photographs and maps from his photographic missions.
This collection contains three separate command operation orders and instructions from Morton Gubin's time serving in World War II in the Pacific Theater.
This collection includes several letters penned by Omar L. Ash, mainly to his mother and Lela Ann, during his World War II service. Other letters included are addressed from Ash's commanders.
This collection contains photographs of the Philippines and a transcript of a Japanese diary donated by Owen Musgrove who was deployed with the Army during World War II in the Pacific Theater.
The majority of these 181 black-and-white photographs were taken on New Guinea during World War II and show the 42nd and 100th Army Air Force Bomb Groups. Among the subjects depicted are aviators, fighter jets (some replete with hand-painted logos), native islanders, and the island itself.
This collection features photographs, documents, and currency from Robert A. Page's service during World War II in the United States Army.
This collection contains copies of photos taken in the Philippines and Hiroshima, Japan, in 1945.
This collection contains eleven American propaganda pamphlets aimed at encouraging Japanese troops to surrender during World War II. These pamphlets are written in Japanese with English translations attached.
This collection consists of 21 black and white photographs taken in Hawaii and other Pacific locales by Roy Epps, U. S. Navy, during World War II.
This collection consists of an April 27, 2000 interview with Thomas N. Parlon for the Veteran's Oral History Project at the Center for the Study of War and Society, Department of History, University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Parlon discusses his participation in the National Guard and his service in the Pacific.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 27
- United States. Army. 13
- United States. Navy. 13
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 11
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 6
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 6
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Photography. 6
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 6
- United States. Army Air Forces. 5
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 5
- World War, 1939-1945. 5
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Japan. 3
- Louisiana -- History. 2
- United States. Air Force. 2
- United States. Army. Air Corps. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Japan. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Philippines. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations, American. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Philippines. 2
- Atomic bomb -- Japan -- Hiroshima-shi. 1
- Baptists -- Missions -- Africa. 1
- Great Depression. 1
- Hiroshima-shi (Japan) -- History -- Bombardment, 1945. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Lawyers -- Tennessee. 1
- Leyte Gulf, Battle of, Philippines, 1944. 1
- Liberty ships. 1
- Missionaries -- Africa, Sub-Saharan. 1
- Morgan County (Tenn.) 1
- Oral history -- United States. 1
- Pearl Harbor (Hawaii), Attack on, 1941. 1
- Rationing -- United States -- History. 1
- United States. Army. Corps of Engineers. 1
- United States. Army. Division, 40th. 1
- United States. Army. Parachute Infantry Regiment, 511th. 1
- United States. Marine Corps. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Faculty. 1
- Veterans -- United States. 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975. 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Veterans -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Burma. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Saipan. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Casualties -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- East Asia -- Periodicals. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- New Caledonia. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, African American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Periodicals. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, Japanese. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Propaganda. 1 ∧ less
- English 46
- Japanese 1