Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 27
This collection consists of a transcript of an interview with Buck Donaldson by Kurt Piehler and Tiffany Davis conducted on October 21, 2002 in Knoxville, Tennessee as part of the Veteran's Oral History Project. In the interview, Donaldson speaks about his childhood in the Depression, his experiences in the Navy during World War II, and his postwar life as a missionary in Africa.
This collection features photographs, news articles, book excerpts, and other papers from Charles Bray's military service during World War II and his time living in Vietnam while working with the Central Intelligence Agency.
This collection features various military documents, photographs, and books from David F. Ross, a Lieutenant in the 5th Air Force deployed in the Pacific Theater during World War II.
This collection houses a typescript of an oral history interview conducted with Foster Arnett by G. Kurt Piehler and Johnny Goins for the Veteran's Oral History Project at the Center for the Study of War and Society. The interview documents Arnett's childhood in East Tennessee, his experiences in the Pacific Theater during World War II, and his postwar legal practice.
This collection includes a copy of World War II soldier Frank Baghetti's memoir, "As I Witnessed World War II," along with aa photograph of Baghetti's plane, "Hubba Hubba."
This collection consists of materials regarding Lt. Frank L. Kersnowski, a staff sergeant at a hospital in Honolulu, Hawaii during World War II.
This collection gives a glimpse into the life of the Freytag family, a miltary family from Wartburg, TN. The collection includes correspondence, press clippings, photographs, and certificates regarding the Freytag children, Albert Jr., Fred, and Maxwell. Albert Jr. was enlisted in the U.S. Marines, Fred was enlisted in the U.S. Navy, and Maxwell was enlisted in the U.S. Army. All materials are photocopies, donated by the family matriarch, Ethel H. Freytag.
This collection contains Gus W. Dyer’s memoirs, essays, diary entries, and correspondence from his time serving in World War II in the Pacific Theater.
This collection contains material regarding the military career of Harold S. Fink, a Lieutenant in the U.S. Naval Reserve who served during World War II.
This collection includes a typed copy of Statement of Capt. Harry H. Mittenthal which details Mittenthal's experience as a Japanese prisoner of war during World War II from 1942 to 1945.
This collection consists of correspondence, photographs, press clippings, recollections, and ephemera collected by Evelyn Hogins concerning World War II. It also includes material concerning Evelyn's mother, Annie Hogins, and Evelyn's brothers: Clifford, Lawrence "Buster", and Marshall Hogins. The brothers all served in the U.S. military. A significant portion of the collection is comprised of photocopies.
This collection consists of correspondence between J. Harold Harveston, a radioman in the U.S. Navy during World War II, and his parents. It also contains an undated newspaper clipping regarding Harveston from the Knoxville News Sentinel.
This collection features three letters and a newspaper clipping regarding James Harold Fox's service during World War II as a member of the Bombing-Fighting Squadron 89 and the Fleet Tactical Support Squadron 21.
This collection contains materials pertaining to James R. Eddy, member of the U.S. Army Air Force during World War II. The documents include Eddy's correspondence and military papers, newspaper articles, and photographs taken in Tinian, Saipan, and Guam during the war.
This collection contains correspondence and other papers of World War II veteran James W. Howland’s experience in the Pacific Theater.
This collection includes two maps of the China-Burma-India theater, headquarters documents, membership records of John H. Allen, a World War II soldier. Also included is Allen's journal of places and connected events and an interview transcript of Allen detailing his time serving in WWII.
This collection contains three separate command operation orders and instructions from Morton Gubin's time serving in World War II in the Pacific Theater.
This collection includes several letters penned by Omar L. Ash, mainly to his mother and Lela Ann, during his World War II service. Other letters included are addressed from Ash's commanders.
This collection contains photographs of the Philippines and a transcript of a Japanese diary donated by Owen Musgrove who was deployed with the Army during World War II in the Pacific Theater.
This collection features photographs, documents, and currency from Robert A. Page's service during World War II in the United States Army.
- United States. Navy. 9
- United States. Army. 8
- World War, 1939-1945. 6
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Japan. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Photography. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 3
- United States. Air Force. 2
- United States. Army Air Forces. 2
- United States. Army. Air Corps. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Japan. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Philippines. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Philippines. 2
- Atomic bomb -- Japan -- Hiroshima-shi. 1
- Baptists -- Missions -- Africa. 1
- Great Depression. 1
- Hiroshima-shi (Japan) -- History -- Bombardment, 1945. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Lawyers -- Tennessee. 1
- Leyte Gulf, Battle of, Philippines, 1944. 1
- Louisiana -- History. 1
- Missionaries -- Africa, Sub-Saharan. 1
- Morgan County (Tenn.) 1
- Oral history -- United States. 1
- Pearl Harbor (Hawaii), Attack on, 1941. 1
- United States. Army. Division, 40th. 1
- United States. Army. Parachute Infantry Regiment, 511th. 1
- United States. Marine Corps. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Faculty. 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Burma. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Saipan. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, Japanese. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Propaganda. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 1 ∧ less
- English 26
- Japanese 1